I'm not sure if this goes in this forum, but I need to know what I should learn next. I can play most of the Metallicaish solo without too much trouble. I can one hand tap and sweep pick decently. What should I learn next?
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
I can do those. Heck, I'm a piano player, legato came naturally.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
In that case you must have learned everything...congratulations.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
In that case you must have learned everything...congratulations.

Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Oh thanks. Crap it.
If you already know all of those, start writing songs and perfect your skills. If you know all of the techniques and you know about improvising, you should be able to play most anything and start writing your own music.

Also, I must say this thread is really aggravating for beginners because it's in the basics section and here you are talking about improvising and sweep picking andwhat not. I say Musician Talk .
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by JesusLives
I'm not sure if this goes in this forum, but I need to know what I should learn next. I can play most of the Metallicaish solo without too much trouble. I can one hand tap and sweep pick decently. What should I learn next?

Well saying that you can do those things decently tells me that you need to stay with it a little more. You never out practice a technique, meaning you can always become better at it.

The techniques you named are fairly advanced in my opinion(taping and sweeping). How are your more fundamental techniques? Alt picking, strumming, string skipping, hammer ons and pull offs, legato and vibrato.
epic7734
Pay attention to your bends and vibrato to go from randomly playing fast to actually getting expression out of the instrument.
Ok, yeah, I need to speed up my sweeping, that's mainly what I was thinking. Everything (pulls offs, string skipping) I pretty much got mastered. My lead style is somewhere in between Synster Gates and Angus Young.
Quote by JesusLives
Ok, yeah, I need to speed up my sweeping, that's mainly what I was thinking. Everything (pulls offs, string skipping) I pretty much got mastered. My lead style is somewhere in between Synster Gates and Angus Young.

So your somewhere between two completely different guitarists?
Improve on the techniques you know...
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
Quote by CowboyUp
So your somewhere between two completely different guitarists?

Haha. That was good.

Yeah, my driving style is somewhere between Jeff Gordon and Tanner Foust .
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Hehe, Jeffie is my man.
Quote by JesusLives
Oh thanks. Crap it.

Didn't mean to be unhelpful, but as far as techniques go sweeping and tapping are pretty much the top of the pile...you can't pull them off effectively unless you know all the other stuff leading up to them. That being the case, there isn't really anywhere else to go...knowing techniques is only a tiny part of it though, it's knowing how to use them that's important.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Ok, I'm not satisfied, that's why I'm asking what I should learn next.
Quote by JesusLives
Ok, I'm not satisfied, that's why I'm asking what I should learn next.

If you have to ask then you're probably not as good as you think you are.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

How about some two-, three- and four fingered tapping? Hard but sounds very cool!
My Setup:

Epiphone SG G-400
Epiphone Explorer
Ibanez RX
Gardisten Aucustic
Line-6 Spider III head
Line-6 4x12 Cab
Zoom G1 Multi-effect(sucks big time!)
Naw it's not that hard. The hardest part with that for me is keeping good tempo.
Figure out music - make sure you understand everything you play.
I was a classical pianist before I started guitar and bass.