I was raised as a Christian, and until recently, I've never really doubted it. But lately, I've been really thinking about Christianity and religion in general and I have some doubts. Is this just a phase, or am I really an atheist/agnostic? Also, can someone post links to info on atheism, so I can get a good idea of what it's all about.
If God exists, he has alot to answer for.

/Lars Ulrich

Something he said which made me think... (Plus it wasn't about Napster)

EDIT -

Don't worry about putting yourself into a little box, just believe what you want, and enjoy life.
Quote by UMadeMeRealise
I was raised as a Christian, and until recently, I've never really doubted it. But lately, I've been really thinking about Christianity and religion in general and I have some doubts. Is this just a phase, or am I really an atheist/agnostic?

It could be a phase, it could be a revelation. You have to find the answers yourself.
Well coming from a Christian viewpoint, everyone goes through periods of doubt.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
I think it's misguided to believe something larger does not/did not exist.

I was in the car with my dad today, saw a large group of ducks flying over in the V formation and started talking about how amazing it is they just know that doing that makes it easier for them, and they knew that WAY before humans did. They don't "learn" conventionally, as far as we know, it's based on instinct.

Evolution doesn't explain everything imho.

I hope I worded this okay, because I think it's a really valid point.

yeah dude, just keep a simple view on everything, atheist is good,.
too bad for me im an anti christ pushing satanist! banned from churches aswell

lol
Quote by PeffinGee
If there were death penalties for pedophiles, half of UG will die

www.myspace.com/fr3ddi30

A SAILOR'S GRAVE FOR ME
first of all atheism and agnosticism are different. Atheism is a belief, agnosticism is not believing in god until there is proof that one exists. Seeing how theres no real way to know if there is one or not, atheism is just as close minded as firmy believing. IMO agnosticism is the only logical stance.
Originally posted by Cakefighter
Ya wooden shoe wearin, windmill buildin, (I'd call ya pot smokin but it would make me a hypocrit) dirty Welshman.
Quote by Jackolas
EDIT -

Don't worry about putting yourself into a little box, just believe what you want, and enjoy life.

+1 Just believe what you think is right.

That guy's link to the Wiki article should help ye in your quest for information but I personally advise looking up determinism on Wiki too, it's why I personally don't believe in God (well more the general logic and such around it). But if you feel bad about changing your beliefs after life of Christianity then... well personally I believe we can never dismiss God entirely as he could exist in ways completely incomprehensible to us but I live as if he didn't because that is the logical decision I have reached that i can reach; if he is incomprehensible to us, can he blame us for not comprehending?
its good to question your faith imo. that way, when you get those questions resolved, you will find the truth, or what you feel is the truth, and can therefore be at peace.

happy hunting
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
I went through the same type of thing. When it came down to it, I asked myself whether I really naturally felt an affinity towards God. I realized I didn't, and until that changes I'll remain agnostic (meaning I believe there could be a God, but I don't think there is any way to prove it, so it's not worth arguing about). I still try to live a good life. Religion doesn't necessarily have to set your morals. People can be atheist/agnostic and still be good people.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
This is a point where you should look at a lot of religions and pick the one that you believe, or (in my case) create your own philosophy based off of what you think is true.
Keep an open mind, man.
So good to see you once again.
I thought that you were hiding.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing the tail of dogma.
I opened my eye and there we were .
I was raised as a Catholic. I don't believe in God though. At first my mum thought I was just trying to be cool or rebellious or something but I don't see any reason to believe in a higher power. I have no problems with religion though as long it's not forced upon me. No one can really answer your question it's your belief no one elses.
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
Quote by Jackolas

I was in the car with my dad today, saw a large group of ducks flying over in the V formation and started talking about how amazing it is they just know that doing that makes it easier for them, and they knew that WAY before humans did. They don't "learn" conventionally, as far as we know, it's based on instinct.

Evolution doesn't explain everything imho.

I hope I worded this okay, because I think it's a really valid point.

Nice. Evolution doesnt explain half of the beautifiul intricacies in this world.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
if you don't believe in a god or any other hgigher power, you're an atheist.

and if you decide you ARE an atheist, i say good for you.
Quote by zwart_gitaar

Dismemberment gives me an erection!
Quote by x0rsist
Nice. Evolution doesnt explain half of the beautifiul intricacies in this world.

Hey thanks, I thought it was a valid point so I'm glad I didn't get flamed for it!
Kerry King (guitarist for Slayer) said it best, and this is his words "I beLieve religion is the largest form of brainwashing thats accepted today"
think about it, it's true, i know catholism(sp?) is a cult, they make you repeat after them, and they make you give them money, so on and so forth, which is exactly what a cult does
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
I think that part of believing is doubting. Everybody doubts their religion at some point or another and its not just Christians. Jews, Muslims etc....they all doubt. It could be a phase or you could actually be Atheist. Only time will tell....
Quote by Jackolas

I don't think thats a fair statement. I don't see how I'm misguided because I don't believe in a higher being.

Edit:
Quote by Jackolas
Hey thanks, I thought it was a valid point so I'm glad I didn't get flamed for it!

I'm not flaming you btw I'm genuinely interested in seeing how it's misguided.
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
Quote by Count Seanula
I don't think thats a fair statement. I don't see how I'm misguided because I don't believe in a higher being.

+1

ever think you might have it the wrong way around?

i think it's more misguided to believe in a higher power.

but yeah....

you know there is an ONLY RELIGION THREAD
Quote by zwart_gitaar

Dismemberment gives me an erection!
Quote by ChaoticVengence
Kerry King (guitarist for Slayer) said it best, and this is his words "I beLieve religion is the largest form of brainwashing thats accepted today"
think about it, it's true, i know catholism(sp?) is a cult, they make you repeat after them, and they make you give them money, so on and so forth, which is exactly what a cult does

Kerry King IS a Catholic though.

You dont have to die to go to heaven
Or hang around to be born again
Just tune into what this place has got to offer
Cause we may never be here again

Van Halen - Best Of Both Worlds

Awesome lyrics imho.