unfortunately for me, I got athis disease.
It causes arthritus in joins and the rest of your body.. etc etc.

I went to pick up my guitar, as my disease has been getting worse,
and i cant play... I can't play anything.

now i must say, the best things i could play were either:

'one' and 'master of puppets', thanks to my hero "Homair" for submitting those tabs.
now ive been able to play those since i was 13, im 15 now. And I can no longer play the tapping solos, or the faster solos. This really upset me coz well, guitaring is one of the only things im good at, and if this disease doesn't pass over, then im really screwed, i mean, i suffered to play 'Lip gloss and black' by atreyu, and thats so easy.
I usually play my guitar from 3.30 from when i get in from skl, to 11 at night. with a few breaks of coursework and food, but most of the time, im wielding my guitar, and it feels so weird that ihavent played it in 2 days.

I really dont know what to do, im going to the doctors to get something subscribed to me to ease the pain, but I just dont know what to do....guitar is my life...
Quote by PeffinGee
If there were death penalties for pedophiles, half of UG will die

www.myspace.com/fr3ddi30

A SAILOR'S GRAVE FOR ME
if i were you i'd be going crazy i can't live without my guitar
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
i used to play so much, like you, I mean i can't complain i have no disease but now all i do is work and go to college i never have time to play when i want to so i can kinda relate.. but either way i'm sorry man that sucks. But i mean dave mustaine got through it so hopefully you can too.
PSN id: SeniorSausage
Sorry to hear about that. i have something similar i guess. When i was a kid i was diagnosed with juvenille rhuematoid arthritis mostly in my knees but it really ****ed up my hands so i don't have complete movement and its hard for me to hit certain chords. so i definately know how you feel. I hope it all gets better though!!!
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
Try and stay optimistic, maybe they'll find medication to cure it.
I truly feel sorry for you tho :
"It's funny how most people love the dead. Once you're dead, you're made for life" - Jimi Hendrix

Quote by TheClincher
Is it incest if I had sex with my brother in law's half sister? Because if it is, it was so ****ing worth it.
Quote by ndhdl
no sh1t sherlock

Is that blasphemy directed at me? Cuz if it is, I just might have to say...... nothing to it, nothing at all.
DO NOT TOUCH YOUR GUITAR.

Seriously, that will probably make it worse. Wait a month to see if it gets better.
Dickless.
where did the pain first start? last night i was playing, and this never has happened before, but i got this really bad pain in my left wrist (i play right handed). i noticed it especially when i do really dramatic bends or sweeps. i'm sorry for you though. i have no clue what i would do if i couldn't play.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Sorry to hear dude. I've been playing some of your tabs (Kill Hannah) so appreciate your input on this site. Hopefully this is not something that affects you for life.

I know it's nowhere the same as guitar but if your drive for music continue you should consider producing music on your PC using trackers / sequencers and stuff. Great way to stay into music and keep creative and hope this disease passes.
2002 Muddy Waters Fender Telecaser (MIM) (w/ Bill Lawrence pickups & black matte pickguard)
2006 Ibanez sz520qm (w/ Grover tuners)
Epiphone DR-100

Traynor YCV50-Blue
Toneport GX / Ampltube 2
STEP AWAY FROM THE GUITAR!

This almost happened to my teacher, and what "helped" cause it was arm supports/wearing things on the arms, bad idea. If you wear sweat bands or any metal attire that will NOT be helping.
Try and stay away for a bit like they say for a month or two and take the meds and do all you can to relax the joints and make them better. If it don't get better in that time just play and try your best to deal with the pain....at least that is what I would do....I would also take in a good amount of salt, protein and calcium for they will help your muscles and bones.

Edit: Not too much though for too much is bad for you.
That's really bad Try and record as much stuff as you can before it's too late.
Quote by Aqua Dementia
Is that blasphemy directed at me? Cuz if it is, I just might have to say...... nothing to it, nothing at all.

It may well be blasphemy but as there is no material evidence to support the existence of god i would have to conclude that you are not god and therefore making what i posted nothing more than a statement about your .... oh you said you would do nothing:P
Quote by ripewithdecay
i used to play so much, like you, I mean i can't complain i have no disease but now all i do is work and go to college i never have time to play when i want to so i can kinda relate.. but either way i'm sorry man that sucks. But i mean dave mustaine got through it so hopefully you can too.

dave had nerve problems in his arm. and im really sorry for u man id hate it if that were to happen to me. just dont play if it hurts and take the medicine
Quote by Jackolas
STEP AWAY FROM THE GUITAR!

This almost happened to my teacher, and what "helped" cause it was arm supports/wearing things on the arms, bad idea. If you wear sweat bands or any metal attire that will NOT be helping.

Whaaaa!?!

I can't play without wearing sweatbands...
well, i can, but way better with them
**** man I really hope it gets better for you
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
Quote by ndhdl
It may well be blasphemy but as there is no material evidence to support the existence of god i would have to conclude that you are not god and therefore making what i posted nothing more than a statement about your .... oh you said you would do nothing:P

Haha you really dissected my last post.
Quote by Aqua Dementia
Haha you really dissected my last post.

can't you just sense the boredom
Quote by MetalMusicianAl
dave had nerve problems in his arm. and im really sorry for u man id hate it if that were to happen to me. just dont play if it hurts and take the medicine

Yeah i know but it's still somewhat similar in terms of not being able to play at all, i just meant maybe over time it will decrease and he'll be able to work through it
PSN id: SeniorSausage
That's really bad luck dude. Although you could comfort yourself with how bad it ever gets you'll still be able to play the smoke on the water riff.
Do everything/anything the doctor tells you, do anything else you can think of that might help, don't be a badass and pick up your guitar.
Sorry to hear that man

Perhaps there are other instruments you can take up?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Ive got reptitive strain injury in both wrists. Have had since february. First 3 months couldn;t play at all. In june i could play a bit but decided not to and to wait til fully healed. Now its october and i can play ALMOST normally, but some days i can hardly play at all. it kinda sucks.

I would reccomend a) trying a physiotherapist
b) don't play your guitar if its hurting, that will slow down the healing process
c) Try to be as stress free as possible. In the last month of so ive noticed my wrists are usually worse after ive been under particular stress (i couldn't play for a couple days after breaking up with gf, whilst i was stressing about work... and such)
d) get wrist supports. I have them, and they do seem to help even if it might be a placebo effect. Get something like 'tubular support bandages' and just cut them to size and cut thumb holes.
thanks 4 your post guyssssss!!!! im getting some steroids to help ease my pain,
its mainly in my back and knees,
but its still really limiting my playing.
Quote by PeffinGee
If there were death penalties for pedophiles, half of UG will die

www.myspace.com/fr3ddi30

A SAILOR'S GRAVE FOR ME
Once you and your doctor feel that you can go back to playing, string your guitar with the lightest strings you can find if you haven't already.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...