Hi everyone, I'm gonna buy one of these two guitars and I want your help to chose which one to buy. I tried the SL1 and I liked it a lot but i didn't try the SL2H. The playability of the two guitars is supposed to be the same and the only difference is the Pups setup. On the SL1 it is H-S-S (TB4 + 2 stack humbucking pickups) and on the SL2H it's H-H (TB4 + SH1N). I mostly play metal so please help me !

TY!
get teh dual humbucker
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
If you only play metal/hard rock and the like, I'd say get the double humbucker. If you sometimes play heavy music, but also play classic rock (Hendrix, Clapton, SRV) then I'd get the HSS.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
thank you all for your advices, I will get a SL2H and mabe later mod it with a single coil in the midle to make a mix of those two guitars.
isnt the SL1 the one with the humbuckers in the single coil slots (seymour duncan hot rails if i remember right?) so should still be fairly suitable for metal? or maybe im wrong not sure :p
Quote by Jackface20
isnt the SL1 the one with the humbuckers in the single coil slots (seymour duncan hot rails if i remember right?) so should still be fairly suitable for metal? or maybe im wrong not sure :p

you're wrong. they are actually SD classic stack humbuckers. they look like single coils but are actually just stacked humbuckers.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by DarK666SiM
thank you all for your advices, I will get a SL2H and mabe later mod it with a single coil in the midle to make a mix of those two guitars.

Excellent choice, bro.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
Quote by DarK666SiM

You're going to kill its value... and if you don't do it right, you're going to ruin one hell of a guitar.
I've always had duel humbucker Jackson guitars until I got my SL1, I like it a lot more. It's a bit more versatile and you can lower the action a lot more without being blocked off by the raised humbuckers in the pickup position. My friend has a SL2H and I prefer my SL1 over it, it has a bit more range and like I mentioned earlier -- more versatile.
Current Gear :
Jackson USA Made SL1 Soloist (SnakeSkin Finish)
Jackson Jap Made SL1 Soloist!