Bridge System: Original Floyd Rose Locking Tremolo System
Recessed Tremolo: Yes
Pickguard: No
Pickguard Color:
Tuning Machines: Deluxe Gotoh
Input Jack: Side of Body
Pickups: EMG
Pickup Model: Bridge: 81 Middle: Neck: 85
Control Pattern: Vol/Tone/toggle abalone binding/inlays(including the ESP logo)
Suggested Retail Estimate Including Case:$5,400.00

now...these specs are the exact same of that of the ESP EC-1000 STB
minus the floyd rose and locking nut of course, yet it costs $4,000 more!!!
wtf is with that?
I mean im eventually going to probably buy something like this, since this is one of my two dream guitars but goddamn....that number is RIDICULOUS!!!

anyone ever order a custom from ESP?

edit:
although on the site it said its just a retail...so would that mean it could end up like
fux expensive gibsons and be like $2,400 less or whatever?
Don't worry, if thats the custom quote generator, then its most likely way too high. In actuality it should be about 3-4k. Also, the reason its so much more expensive is the quality of material and work invovled. Also, the guitar is hand built for you one step at a time, not on a cheap production line like the EC-1000. Although the EC-1000 is a great guitar in its own right(i own one), the custom version will simply trash it in terms of sound, playability, feel, etc. Also, if you want a more accurate quote, go through your ESP dealer.
Custom guitars cost more because they aren't being mass-produced. I'm sure you can get it down to a decent price, though, if you call and talk to someone about it.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Its handmade, not machine made. And having a recessed OFR might have a little something to do with the crazy price. And the EMGs. If u buy it and use it alot, its worth it IMO.
It's a custom order from a massive company, of course it's going to be expensive...normal people don't order from those kind of places, successful, rich bands get stuff from there. If you want a custom go to a private luthier.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Although i think thats a bit too much of a difference, the custom guitar will be made of the highest quality materials & hand made...
That breaks down to about $1400 for materials/workmanship and $4000 for 'ESP' on the headstock

Checkout somewhere like RAN or REK Guitars, or maybe KXK since you're in America
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by GNR4EVER
That breaks down to about $1400 for materials/workmanship and $4000 for 'ESP' on the headstock

Checkout somewhere like RAN or REK Guitars, or maybe KXK since you're in America

you are comparing RAN to ESP.. you silly boy.

and TS, of course a hand made guitar to your specs is gonna cost more than a machine made mass produced guitar. you dumbass.

and even so, $1400? obviously you have no idea of the cost/time it takes to build a very high quality guitar, starting from a slab of mahogany. once again, dumbass.
The fact that it's custom creates a boom in price. Meaning...customs are user preference made, they don't have a whole bunch of the same made already. That would diminish the point of it being "custom".
yea carvin has awesome guitars. my friend has a california carved top and the entire guitar is immaculate, the finish, binding, great fretwork, you name it. plus they have more basic models. You can get a crazy custom piece for under $2k easy.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG550

Vox AD30VT
Quote by cheames

and TS, of course a hand made guitar to your specs is gonna cost more than a machine made mass produced guitar. you dumbass.

and even so, $1400? obviously you have no idea of the cost/time it takes to build a very high quality guitar, starting from a slab of mahogany. once again, dumbass.

Fuck you, That was obviously an exaggeration, no need to be a prick about it. I was just trying to say that big companies charge a lot more than independent luthiers and smaller companies and the name is a big factor in that.

And as for RAN Vs ESP, If I had a choice, i'd go for RAN any day
Last edited by GNR4EVER at Oct 3, 2007,
Quote by cheames

There's only one person acting like a dumbass here...

I'd take a Ran over an ESP...it's going to be of equivalent quality, just a whole lot cheaper, you're just wanking over the brandname. ESP can charge shedloads because they're ESP.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by cheames

RAN do what ESP do, make custom guitars. one do them cheaper than the other. Which would you choose? They're no different, in fact ESP are so popular they're more likely to cut corners in the work, think about it.
there is a huge void in overall finish quality between a custom shop guitar made by ESP, or Jackson, and a guitar made by RAN guitars in Poland. If any of you have played both, you would know.

The big names do jack up the prices, but you're getting a better guitar than you would from many. You can get a guitar of similar quality from cheaper builders, Carvin being a prime example. RAN however, are cheap for a reason.
Let me tell you something... your custom Ran, or Carvin, or Jackson, or ESP is cut on a CNC machine like everything else. It costs more due to it being a one off in terms of neck and body, and thus they need to program the machines and crap to make it. Thats why it costs more, is because everything needs to be done special for it. Meanwhile, $5,400 is not that bad compared to some.
No, RAN are cheap because they know reasonable price = more customers. If ESP started off charging £5000 for a guitar they'd get nowhere they've just gotten greedy, you're saying it as if RAN are at beginner guitar levels.

ESP and RAN have just as good luthiers, and I know that some of these lesser known places are better cos I know many of them have ex-jackson/ESP/Fender/whatever people doing them (I'm guessing not ran btu i know some do).
Quote by Punk_Ninja
No, RAN are cheap because they know reasonable price = more customers. If ESP started off charging £5000 for a guitar they'd get nowhere they've just gotten greedy, you're saying it as if RAN are at beginner guitar levels.

ESP and RAN have just as good luthiers, and I know that some of these lesser known places are better cos I know many of them have ex-jackson/ESP/Fender/whatever people doing them (I'm guessing not ran btu i know some do).

no, im not saying RAN are entry level ****. I'm saying that there are often flaws in things like inlays, bindings, electronics, that you wouldn't find on a guitar made by one of the more well known brands. RAN do not have ex Jackson/Fender/ESP/whatever luthiers, the guy is Polish.

I'm not coming back to this thread. Go **** yourselves.
Quote by cheames
there is a huge void in overall finish quality between a custom shop guitar made by ESP, or Jackson, and a guitar made by RAN guitars in Poland. If any of you have played both, you would know.

The big names do jack up the prices, but you're getting a better guitar than you would from many. You can get a guitar of similar quality from cheaper builders, Carvin being a prime example. RAN however, are cheap for a reason.

And how many custom jobs, pray tell, have you played?

Quote by cheames
no, im not saying RAN are entry level ****. I'm saying that there are often flaws in things like inlays, bindings, electronics, that you wouldn't find on a guitar made by one of the more well known brands. RAN do not have ex Jackson/Fender/ESP/whatever luthiers, the guy is Polish.

I'm not coming back to this thread. Go **** yourselves.

I take it you've played lots of Rans then...wtf does somebody's nationality have to do with their ability to make a guitar you retarded tool?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

^x2 Dude, wtf are you getting so pissed about? We're just trying to say that often smaller companies are better value than the bigger names and you're acting like a tool
I say personal luthiers are best. You can get to see the person's work right before your eyes. You can get my more choice & say there.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
i live about 30minutes from Ed Roman....lol.
maybe he can just make me one.....

and its not a special model to the faggit who called me a dumbass for no reason.
the H-1000 is a model that isnt as known, or in the ESP catalogue.
and im pretty sure that no local store will carry one, but that doesn't make it jack up in price either, the 1001 and 1000 only differ in headstocks.
everything i asked for is used on their freaking LTD Deluxe guitars, thats why i wanted to know what the fuck made it retail at 5,400, but i remembered that retail is just what the company suggests for the store to sell.

why are you all saying RAN is cheaper (in price)?
the last quote i got from that guy for a regular black cruiser with black hardware, original floyd, and an emg 81/85 set, AND THE FUCKING QUOTE SAID £2010!!!!
YEAH RIGHT THEY'RE CHEAPER!!!
sorry, just wanted to say....its not cheaper, and it would take definately longer....man even
up to a year or more it says....no thanks.
id rather pay the same, or SLIGHTLY higher price for a world renowned guitar company and get it alot sooner, then pay it to some guy in a different continent, and wait for a year or more.
Quote by CJRocker
Let me tell you something... your custom Ran, or Carvin, or Jackson, or ESP is cut on a CNC machine like everything else. It costs more due to it being a one off in terms of neck and body, and thus they need to program the machines and crap to make it. Thats why it costs more, is because everything needs to be done special for it. Meanwhile, $5,400 is not that bad compared to some.

Actually, Carvin are almost exclusively CNC/Machine built... Carvin just has what boils down to a modular system, which allows them to seem "custom".
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
£2,500 isn't an excessive amount for a custom built guitar - it's not cheap, but it's not overly expensive either, considering people regularly pay over a grand for bog standard off-the shelf models.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

I have my doubts about custom guitars from major manufacturers being 100% hand made. Someone told me once they just grab of hand select a body or body/neck from the regular stock and go from there. I am not sure if that goes for them all. I would rather find someone who will work with you on the design from start to finish someone local would be the best. Unfortunately all of us do not have that resource. I am in the middle of a couple project/custom guitars myself. I doubt any of them will be all that great I am using parts redily available. If they work out I am going to build a custom from scratch. My biggest problem is the tools. I have the basics but nothing these guys have that do make customs. My thing is you can buy a top of the line production or custom shop guitar and pay upwards of $3000.00 or $4000.00. IMHO if you have the dough and it will make you happy go for it.

John
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP

why are you all saying RAN is cheaper (in price)?
the last quote i got from that guy for a regular black cruiser with black hardware, original floyd, and an emg 81/85 set, AND THE FUCKING QUOTE SAID £2010!!!!
YEAH RIGHT THEY'RE CHEAPER!!!
sorry, just wanted to say....its not cheaper, and it would take definately longer....man even
up to a year or more it says....no thanks.
id rather pay the same, or SLIGHTLY higher price for a world renowned guitar company and get it alot sooner, then pay it to some guy in a different continent, and wait for a year or more.

I was just going by my experience.

I got a quote not so long ago for an Invader with white bevels, Mahogany body, Tune O Matic Bridge , Neck Pickup, an extra volume control, a Tone control and pickup selector switch, Custom headstock and front routed to include a pickguard on the front (One like the LTD V-500). And the price I got back was 1580 Euros, which included a flight case.

That's only 200 euro more than a regular Invader and the only similarites between mine an a regular one was the body shape. Unfortunately I can't afford it right now, but imo that is an unbelievably good price for a custom guitar like that, considering something like a Jackson RR1 or KV2 costs over 2000 euro.
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
i live about 30minutes from Ed Roman....lol.
maybe he can just make me one.....

Don't ever, ever, give Ed Roman any money.

If you want to know why, search his name on pretty much any forum.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by uldhppi
Ole Fast Eddie does talk a good game.

Ole Fast Eddie is a scumbag
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
LOL @ the guy who was dissing RAN. Have you ever played one of their guitars? My buddy has a custom RAN Warlock, and it beats the absolute tar out of any ESP, Jackson, or Ibanez I've ever played (And I've played a lot of those).
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
Quote by subliminaldelta
LOL @ the guy who was dissing RAN. Have you ever played one of their guitars? My buddy has a custom RAN Warlock, and it beats the absolute tar out of any ESP, Jackson, or Ibanez I've ever played (And I've played a lot of those).

And I get the feeling you haven't played too many customs by ESP, Ibanez or Jackson now have you (Don't worry, I've collectively played about 6). Not talking down Ran, I would consider them for sure if I went to order a custom as I've heard nothing but great things.
i have played four carvins and owned one,,you will not go wrong with them no matter what your style,they are amazing to play.and they are cheaper than stock gibson's and prs for the most part.when you order one they make 10,if you dont like the first one you return it for one of the others.they also have an in stock section on their page these are the left overs and can be had for a decent price if you can see one you like on the page.
Quote by steven seagull
It's a custom order from a massive company, of course it's going to be expensive...normal people don't order from those kind of places, successful, rich bands get stuff from there. If you want a custom go to a private luthier.

+1 EDIT: wow this thread got a bit heated.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 4, 2007,
so that's what that blood is...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by uldhppi
A lot of heated discussions lately. It's not a full moon, is it?

Quote by Dave_Mc
so that's what that blood is...

Maybe cheames just got a job in the ESP custom shop after being fired by Ran or something
Quote by steven seagull
There's only one person acting like a dumbass here...

I'd take a Ran over an ESP...it's going to be of equivalent quality, just a whole lot cheaper, you're just wanking over the brandname. ESP can charge shedloads because they're ESP.

wth is a RAN???

they sound cool

linky?
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
You get garenteed quality, your exact specifications incuding neck radius, frets, colour, pickups bridge etc. and you pay more for labour, way more.

It's a noble sacrifice
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Put it this way, if you dont know the difference between the custom shop instrument and a standard run of the mill instrument, stick to the cheaper one.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Page 1 of 2