I need help of good amps to look at in a guitar store, as I no longer want SS amps

but I do have a price range of $300 to $650, but I only need the amp for home use but still have good tone at halfway to low volumes

I just need an amp with TUBES that would be great for metal but also not break easy like the Randal RG50TC and B-52's seem to be on review harmony

any suggestions?

is a Valve King any good??
Valveking is good, but the B-52 or Randall amps would probably be better. And I don't put too much trust into Harmony Central reviews - some people pick and pick at every minor nag with something and turn it into something major. Try them out and see which you think is best. That's the key to finding the equipment you want.
b-52 at-100(i think thats the model name) is basically a clone of a dual recto which was THE amp of the nu metal days. if im not mistaken someone actually recorded a comparison and they sounded pretty much the same.
Quote by Denthúl
Valveking is good, but the B-52 or Randall amps would probably be better. And I don't put too much trust into Harmony Central reviews - some people pick and pick at every minor nag with something and turn it into something major. Try them out and see which you think is best. That's the key to finding the equipment you want.

true but I hear about channels not working, tubes not working, tubes lasting few weeks and stuff, on quite a few sites, not guitarcenter type, the ones done by good guitarist

the Randall's do sound good, but the lasting quality I worry about B-52's break a little more than the Randall's I've read also, but people claim they are better now at 2007 but guitar stores online have older models
B52's sound nothing like Mesas. Different circuitry, different voicing. You can get them to sound somewhat similar, (some other amps can get just as close or closer) but B52 has its own sound. The triple-rectifier circuit sometimes gives a false impression.
Quote by uldhppi
B52's sound nothing like Mesas. Different circuitry, different voicing. You can get them to sound somewhat similar, (some other amps can get just as close or closer) but B52 has its own sound. The triple-rectifier circuit sometimes gives a false impression.

dude, i heard the comparison. it was on multiple settings through the same cab. they sound very similar.
Played in a band with a recto. Owned two B52's, one right after the other. Internet sound clips can be very misleading.
thats not what i asked you. did you own a recto and b-52 at the SAME time and compared them?
I believe you when you say they sounded alike on the clips. No I did not own the recto, I played with a friend who owned it a few years back. Got to play it often as we switched between sets. I owned two B52's, one when they first came out, and one a few months later. I have not done an AB comparison. I trust my ears. We can disagree. I never should have contradicted you.
im sorry, but until youve done both through the same cab in a reasonable amount of time, i dont qualify you to make that judgement. im pedantic like that