Page 1 of 3
The most complex I've read is the Dark Tower series. I want opinions and suggestions. (If you feel like it)
The Mr. Men books
"It's funny how most people love the dead. Once you're dead, you're made for life" - Jimi Hendrix

Quote by TheClincher
Is it incest if I had sex with my brother in law's half sister? Because if it is, it was so ****ing worth it.
I read Great Expectations last year and now I have to read A Tale of Two Cities.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by armstrong26491
The Mr. Men books

Holy shit that's complex.

It looks a little hard.
Complex as in higher reading or as in detailed and twisting plots?
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Complex as in higher reading or as in detailed and twisting plots?

The latter.
Heart of Darkness...

Have in mind I'm from sweden and english ain't ma fluent language yo.
Lord of the Rings I think. I've probably read a few individual books that were harder though, but I was too young to get much out of them.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Clan of the Cave Bear, perhaps.

or the Hyperion Cantos by Dan Simmons
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by glm
The latter.

In that case...

I don't know. I've read some of the Dark Tower series but it seemed pretty straight forward to me. I don't read many series, I prefer individual stories.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
In that case...

I don't know. I've read some of the Dark Tower series but it seemed pretty straight forward to me. I don't read many series, I prefer individual stories.

The last three books are pretty complex, but it's really complex if you read the all the dark tower books. http://www.thedarktower.net/connections
Dune was probably the most complex and confusing book I've ever read. But it definitley pays off once you understand it/
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
dark tower series isn't really complex..for me the Lord of the rings series has allota **** i didn't understand when i read it(awhile back) i don't like looking up the words i don't know though.
I'm on the 5th dark tower book right now, kickass series i must say.
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
Quote by electricsnake
dark tower series isn't really complex..for me the Lord of the rings series has allota **** i didn't understand when i read it(awhile back) i don't like looking up the words i don't know though.
I'm on the 5th dark tower book right now, kickass series i must say.

The last book is very complex. And the connections too.
Paradise Lost by Milton. Holy **** that ****ed me up. I returned it and bought one with a guide. We had to read a challenging (teacher approval) for AP Eng. Literature classic and do a report on it. It's basically a 500+ page poem. I do recommend it though
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Try reading V for Vendetta. I understood it well, but that's because I'm mainly a crackpot anyway.
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
Quote by FutureforChange
The Bean Series by Orson Scott Card

I read all the Ender's Game books, is the Bean rendezvous any good? (huge fan of Ender series)
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Yeah I'd recommend reading all of the Bean series. Firstly because it's a freaking awesome series, and secondly because the Bean series ends up linking back to the Ender's Series in the new book that Card is writing. It's supposed to take off where Children of the Mind left off.
Quote by chillininfl
Paradise Lost by Milton. Holy **** that ****ed me up. I returned it and bought one with a guide. We had to read a challenging (teacher approval) for AP Eng. Literature classic and do a report on it. It's basically a 500+ page poem. I do recommend it though

Just looked it up, sounds awesome.
House of Leaves

/Thread
Kick Ass Ska from the New Orleans Area

Quote by jetfuel495
Quote by DamageMachine
Could be Super AIDS

omfg like in resident evil 4? with the tentacles coming out of his head?

LAS PLAGAS!

Quote by LadyHellraiser
I like boobs
Damn, i sound like a rugmuncher today, haha.
Quote by chillininfl

I love Paradise Lost

It sweeps the floor with Dante's pathetic attempts at epic poetry.

The scene where Satan is summoning all his forces together is so entirely amazing.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by FutureforChange
Yeah I'd recommend reading all of the Bean series. Firstly because it's a freaking awesome series, and secondly because the Bean series ends up linking back to the Ender's Series in the new book that Card is writing. It's supposed to take off where Children of the Mind left off.

Orson Scott Card is awesome. If he's writing a new book, I can't wait to get it. (and he lives about half an hour away from me )

My vote goes to The Sound & The Fury. I thought it was a great book, but those first two chapters are a doozy.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
The Prince of Nothing Trilogy by R. Scott Bakker
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
Quote by master
goosebumps

damn i cant get past the first page of any of those books.
See Under: Love by David Grossman

That book is not user friendly.
Bishop of Zeppelinism PM The Heartbreaker to join.

Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
War and Peace
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
The Dark Elf Trilogy, The Icewind Dale Trilogy, and The Hunter's Blades Trilogy

all by R. A. Salvatore and all of them are also about the same character. If you want epic plot twists, read those books.

Just don't come crying back to me when your brain explodes from the awesomeness.
Page 1 of 3