Page 1 of 17
Discuss the games from the champions league (soccer for you Americans), what games were good, who will win (Barca my money are on)
Good wins for the UK teams last night- kinda surprised United only scored 1, Rangers pwned.

Us goons are charging on
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Quote by Blackbullet
Good wins for the UK teams last night- kinda surprised United only scored 1, Rangers pwned.

Us goons are charging on

Yeah its all good apart from the scousers...what the hell was that all about with Dida and the glasgwegian fan!. He slapped him slightly and he went down like he was stabbed.
Barcá! Barcá! Barcá! The next big thing Bojan Krkic nearly scored yesterday. Would be the youngest Cl scorer ever.

Visca el Barcá!
I saw half a game today but can't remember the team names...

I just know it was a Ukranian team vs a Portuguese one.

Pretty good game, but i was disappointed the Portuguese guys couldn't score in the end.

EDIT: i'm not european..i'm american and have mexican heritage...i was watching the game cuz there was nothing else on tv and Nery Castillo was playing

too bad he missed the shot...it would've been his first goal in a european team as mexican (don't know why but he was listed as south american)
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Oct 3, 2007,
Quote by evening_crow
I saw half a game today but can't remember the team names...

I just know it was a Ukranian team vs a Portuguese one.

Pretty good game, but i was disappointed the Portuguese guys couldn't score in the end.

EDIT: i'm not european..i'm american and have mexican heritage...i was watching the game cuz there was nothing else on tv and Nery Castillo

Shakthar - Benfica
Quote by Izz
Shakthar - Benfica

Yep.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Slightly off topic, but last year I played in a 5-a-side team with a guy who used to be in the Benifica Youths team. needless to say he was fuing amazing and we won the trophy and 500 quid! (1000 bucks)
add me

Quote by Izz
Barcá! Barcá! Barcá! The next big thing Bojan Krkic nearly scored yesterday. Would be the youngest Cl scorer ever.

Visca el Barcá!

is that the serbian kid?. i saw him the other week
Quote by zzany1
is that the serbian kid?. i saw him the other week

He's Catalan though. His father is Serbian. Biggest talent born 90 on this earth I promise. Top goalscorer in u-17 World Cup as a 15 year old and he only played 45 mins throughout the whole cup
Quote by Izz
He's Catalan though. His father is Serbian. Biggest talent born 90 on this earth I promise. Top goalscorer in u-17 World Cup as a 15 year old and he only played 45 mins throughout the whole cup

ja ja pele said that about that american kid and he never turned out.
Quote by zzany1
ja ja pele said that about that american kid and he never turned out.

Freddy Adu?
Meh, the difference is that Bojan is already in a good club with good staff and a good team around him. Will be matched in patiently while Adu was more or less the most important player of his team when he was 16. Can't be good for you at such early age.
Quote by Izz
Freddy Adu?
Meh, the difference is that Bojan is already in a good club with good staff and a good team around him. Will be matched in patiently while Adu was more or less the most important player of his team when he was 16. Can't be good for you at such early age.

hmm cant think of another top catalunian striker...they always make good defenders tho
Celtic 2-1 AC Milan

What was that
2-1

Fantastic result for us
Shame about the Reds though, miserable, miserable team

Dida clearly milked that "slap" he took from that fan, hope we aren't in trouble
Quote by zzany1
hmm cant think of another top catalunian striker...they always make good defenders tho

Yeah like Oleguer....

Puyol is good though. The best more or less
Doesn't really matter what he got hit by or how hard. It's the fan that gets in on the field that is the biggest problem... And what if someone got a knife the next time?
Hopefully Celtic doesn't loose their points as this has nothing to do with the game in itself. A fine for the club would be in order though.
Agreed

A fine and maybe a lock in at some home games like (was it Inter?) had to deal with.

Stupid Glasweigan, ruined a great night for us all
Milan said they werent going to take it higher, so looks like Celtic will be ok for the moment.
I think Man U will win, although it pains me to say that as a Newcastle surporter. They gel so well, and have so much talent at the right time.

The magpies will be there next season though....you wait and see.....
TRANSFORMICE

Quote by MightyAl
Depends. If he got hit with a pie, he might be out for months.

lol

na if he ate the pie he would be out for months. I did think for a second he got chibbed. Good to see Dida standing up (then lying down) to weegie chavs lol.
Quote by tallicafan888
Milan said they werent going to take it higher, so looks like Celtic will be ok for the moment.
I think Man U will win, although it pains me to say that as a Newcastle surporter. They gel so well, and have so much talent at the right time.

Denmark said the same thing after the game with Sweden, they did. Although without result. Don't trust Berlusconi, Galliani etc. They are a bunch of real weird men with too much money and to little respect for others
Quote by Izz
Denmark said the same thing after the game with Sweden, they did. Although without result. Don't trust Berlusconi, Galliani etc. They are a bunch of real weird men with too much money and to little respect for others

its not up to the club its UEFAs decision. Italians are cheating bastrds and UEFA and the world know it. Even the rugby players were taking fking dives against Scotland.

Incidentally anyone tried the new Fifa game?.. its really good much better because there is a great PRO camera thing which makes a big difference. Pro Ev is no2 now.
Pro Evo 2008 isn't out yet, and when it is, it'll probably blow Fifa way out of the water, like it does every year.

The big 4 in italy are known for not being the fairest, but it's Juve who are the worst 30+ years of painfully obvious cheating.
Quote by Alix_D
Pro Evo 2008 isn't out yet, and when it is, it'll probably blow Fifa way out of the water, like it does every year.

The big 4 in italy are known for not being the fairest, but it's Juve who are the worst 30+ years of painfully obvious cheating.

ha you are wrong.
i love the "new" Arsenal right now. i think their young players like Fabregas are now getting the chance to flourish and experience the limelight with Henry gone.

also, can anyone care to explain the 2-2 draw between Lazio and Real Madrid? or for that matter, i dont understand the way Real is playing. they look solid on paper, but in that match, their backline didnt look good.
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
i love the "new" Arsenal right now. i think their young players like Fabregas are now getting the chance to flourish and experience the limelight with Henry gone.

Yeah, i'm surprised how well Arsenal are playing. Thought they might struggle without Henry, Ljungberg.

And Chelsea won a game. . Even being a Chelsea fan, i'm surprised Chelsea got any points from Valencia, let alone 3. Hopefully, they can start winning in the league too. Someone's got to stop Arsenal.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by perry589
Yeah, i'm surprised how well Arsenal are playing. Thought they might struggle without Henry, Ljungberg.

And Chelsea won a game. . Even being a Chelsea fan, i'm surprised Chelsea got any points from Valencia, let alone 3. Hopefully, they can start winning in the league too. Someone's got to stop Arsenal.

LIVERPOOL will, I hope.
i hope Arsenal wins it all.

(Wishful thinking, i know, but its free to dream, right?)
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
Quote by zzany1
i did above

No you didn't, you said Fifa is good, better than Pro Evo. Which you can't really say, because it's not out and you haven't played it yet.
Quote by zzany1
lol

na if he ate the pie he would be out for months. I did think for a second he got chibbed. Good to see Dida standing up (then lying down) to weegie chavs lol.

I can just hear that nasal whine now...
"Haw Dida ya fud, you totally missed that, YA DICK!"
Quote by tallicafan888

Newcastle!

Oba! Obafem! Oba! Obafem! Oba! Obafemi Martins!

Huzzah.
Quote by Don_Humpador
Newcastle!

Oba! Obafem! Oba! Obafem! Oba! Obafemi Martins!

Huzzah.

Newcastle can't get in the champions league, what would their fans bleat on about after that?
Quote by kidsilcon
LIVERPOOL will, I hope.

It isn't looking good so far for the 'puddings.

Played 2
Won 0
Drawn 1
Lost 1
Goals F 1
Goal A 2
Points 1

Ouch.

Oh yeah, I cant believe Celtic beat AC Milan!
add me

Poor liverpool
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
I have just seen the Dida incident. What an idiot! He starts running after the Celtic fan then decides it would be more beneficial to fall over and pretend to be dying. God it is so obvious UEFA should suspend him for diving!

As a United fan I am very happy with how things are going. We may not be banging them in but somehow we just keep winning and that is a really good sign. I'm almost glad this is our 'poor form' like how Liverpool started last season with the difference being WE ARE WINNING. When we finally do hit our form we will be neck and neck with the leaders in all competitions and teams like Arsenal will have to experience a losing spell at some point when we can ease past them.

Glad to see Liverpool doing so badly too, Marseille dominated them on Wednesday night and should've won by more.
Quote by Cadj
Celtic 2-1 AC Milan

What was that
2-1

Fantastic result for us
Shame about the Reds though, miserable, miserable team

Dida clearly milked that "slap" he took from that fan, hope we aren't in trouble

Celtic Incident

During Milan's CL group stage match against Celtic on October 3, 2007, Scott McDonald scored the game-winner in the 90th minute of Celtic's 2-1 victory. As he and his teammates celebrated near the corner flag, a Celtic fan ran onto the pitch towards Dida, touched him on his shoulder, and ran away. Dida attempted to chase after the fan but fell to the floor moments later, holding the side of his face; he was eventually stretched off the pitch and substituted.[1] Milan announced after the match that they would not seek any punishment against Celtic. Though the fan turned himself in to police the next day, an investigation of the incident by UEFA is pending, with Dida facing possible punishment.

From wiki. I saw the incident and was wondering what kind of bull**** Dida was trying to pull off. Well, hopefully he gets punished.

Eitherway, Manchester United ftw.
Quote by magnus_maximus
Yeah, Scottish football's doing astoundingly well of late...

aye but the 2 scotland games, lyon and acmilan 'we' have been totally outplayed in each game. its good that rangers and celtic cant afford diddy foreigners now and dont waste scottish talent as much...this and Hearts doing better a few seasons ago with their youth policy are the main reasons we are doing better

Interesting trivia info...did you know Scotland invented the 'passing game' about 140 years ago when we played the english and their long ball. How times have changed.