Page 1 of 2
Im wondering, do guitarists really smoke that much pot or do all do drugs? I mean i hit the ganja here and there but i only know like 1 guitarist ( or musician) for that matter out of like 20 that dont smoke or anything. I LOVE MARYJUANA THOUGH.
i smoke pot... all my guitarist friends smoke pot... bassists DEFINETLY smoke a lot of pot... i dont know any drummers that smoke tho.
No, but don't forget that most people in the drug thread are going to be taking drugs...

There's plenty of us that don't, you're looking in the wrong place mate.
most of my friends who are serious musicians stay away from drugs, as do i...

i know alot of casual guitarists who do alot of drugs though
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
I never touch the stuff. I get high off of life, what do I need Mary-J for?

Though pretty much everyone I know thinks I'm on crack...

I'm sure a lot of people exaggerate, too, so that they can look cool in front of their online guitar community.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Mary J's a bitch and my friend found that out the hard way.
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.
Quote by RageAgainst...

Pfft, some of the greatest musicians of all time dabbled in drugs, where are you going with this?
Quote by galapogo
Pfft, some of the greatest musicians of all time dabbled in drugs, where are you going with this?
i'm not going anywhere with it...
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by Gunpowder
I'm sure a lot of people exaggerate, too, so that they can look cool in front of their online guitar community.

Something about that bit just made me die a little inside
drugs r stupid theres no point like after awhile u get over it and like u relize it was just a waste of time and alot of ur money
CHECK OUT MY BAND!
myspace.com/protestingmodernlife

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG320DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Digitech Metal Master
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yamaha Acoustic
I guess some people like it if they lack natural creativity.
I can't even play while on pot though. I hate pot.
I love playing drunk, but I'm not sure if I'm actually good at it haha.
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Quote by galapogo

+1

Lol lots of musicians even say they got inspiration from drugs... and music sounds so much better when you're high.

exactly what i was gonna say

*high five
I look like I'm high 24/7. I'm a guitarist, even more of a bassist. All my friends are druggies and most of them think I'm one too.

But I've never done any drugs. Funny how that works.
Nice banana, Andy Warhol.
Quote by galapogo

Yeah they dabbled in drugs and now look where a lot of them are at, DEAD.
Quote by galapogo

He never said great musicians don't do drugs. He said serious guitarists that he knows. And I second his statement. No guitarists that I know, and are serious about truly learning guitar, do any drugs whatsoever.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
i certainly haven't touched the stuff

and i know plenty of people who play instruments that don't.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
I'm fifteen and not planning on doing any drugs whatsoever. I'm a really big fan of living.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Quote by Gunpowder
I never touch the stuff. I get high off of life, what do I need Mary-J for?

Though pretty much everyone I know thinks I'm on crack...

Hahahahahaha
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
Yeah they dabbled in drugs and now look where a lot of them are at, DEAD.

And that makes them less talented, less passionate about music does it?
Quote by BlindSilence917
He never said great musicians don't do drugs. He said serious guitarists that he knows. And I second his statement. No guitarists that I know, and are serious about truly learning guitar, do any drugs whatsoever.
thank you...

reading comprehension ftw!
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

GOD DAMN, 2 high fives in less then 10 minutes damn galapogo, your on fire tonight :P
nah
when you look at the facts, a lot of people tend to smoke pot. I mean a LOT of people. If i had to take a stab, i'd say at least 60 percent of my highschool.
Quote by esther_mouse
...bingo. signaturisation. like burnination, only even more flamey.

Worth listening to
Quote by metallifan1
not uncomon.

NOT.. UN... COMON???

*brain explodes
nice way to catch simple errors. keyboards are just built so well that your fingers never miss a key and being human we are far beyond stupid errors.
nice way to catch simple errors. keyboards are just built so well that your fingers never miss a key and being human we are far beyond stupid errors.

I DID NOT mean the fact that its missing an M i meant its a double negative
very not uncool... see what i mean..
Quote by galapogo

I never said anything about it making them as less talented than they were in their time, but im sure if they could change things. They wouldn't have OD and ended their life and career. I'm not downing people for doing drugs or anything like that, to each his own. Their isn't much that you can tell me about drugs that I don't know i've been on the seen and done crazy stuff plenty of times. I've been clean for a little over a year and I still havn't plenty of friends that party and do drugs all the time.
I smoke ridiculous amounts of pot, take mushrooms, and I can drink like a fish. Did I mention that I'm a bassist?
Quote by RageAgainst...

Funny, most of the serious musicians I know drink and smoke pot. We aren't complete stoners, and we're all pretty smart, so there goes the 'drugs are for losers' theory.
i do drugs.
i play guitar.

i dont like to mix the two though. they are kinda like oil and water. you dont play better when you are on drugs. you might have more fun playing on drugs, but it only sounds good to you, usually not to others..
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
I don't do Weed.
I do Ibuprofen and Paracetamol
Those are the drugs FOR REAL MEN
Quote by galapogo

talent aside, they are dead and those who havent done drugs are most likely alive.

i highly doubt that you will think better about music while high. of course, you might think you are playing something amazing but then actually develop that idea while you are clean.

I really don't plan on ever doing drugs or drinking or anything of that sort. this might change as I get older, but as of right now i want to get to college and get myself a high paying job. not to brag, but i do have a very good oppurtunity to follow through with that.

call me a goody-two-shoes, but i just want to keep the things that are important to me close and everything else aside.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Most members are teenagers. Teens do drugs.

I'm sure if you want to any teen-oriented forum there would be many drug threads.
Quote by Archaon
Funny, most of the serious musicians I know drink and smoke pot. We aren't complete stoners, and we're all pretty smart, so there goes the 'drugs are for losers' theory.
and yet again...i'm not saying that smoking pot or anything keeps you from being a talented musician or intelligent...just that all of the people i know who i would consider to be serious musicians don't do drugs

i hate it when people try to put words in my mouth...
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by RageAgainst...
and yet again...i'm not saying that smoking pot or anything keeps you from being a talented musician or intelligent...just that all of the people i know who i would consider to be serious musicians don't do drugs

i hate it when people try to put words in my mouth...

Its because you comment looked like a subtle attack on drug users.

Surely you can see that.
Quote by Doofag
Its because you comment looked like a subtle attack on drug users.

Surely you can see that.
i did nothing other than share my personal experience...if it came off that i was attacking drug users, that wasn't the intention...i hang out with people who do drugs, they just aren't musicians (or at least any good)
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

The only drugs I have everr felt were detrimental to my guitar playing were weed and the few times I've drank. The weed didn't affect it anywhere near as much as alcohol, but acid and ecstasy have only helped my guitar playing.. As long as you space out each time you do a drug like 'cid or x, you will be completely fine both mentally and musically.
Page 1 of 2