I look around and well a lot of people don't have stuff up at all, well other than the really good guitarists. I thought what I'd do is start with what I have now and as I get better I'd put up new things to replace the old.

I figured "surely I'm not the only one" but so far it seems to lean that way. I want to find OTHER beginner musicians I can relate with, and ones who did what I did.

So now it's a little weird, especially with a lot of U-G's guitarists being very young and very arrogant.

Also, tips at getting better with what I have so far?
Nice banana, Andy Warhol.
Good for you, I guess a lot of us just can't be bothered!

I'll check out your profile now.

Edit: With the tapping thing, you need to really slow down. Slow enough that you can play it perfectly. You were missing notes all over the place and the timing was bad, but I'm sure you knew that and recording yourself is a great way to hear your mistakes.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Last edited by Ænimus Prime at Oct 3, 2007,
I'd put stuff up if i had any sort of recording equipment and knew how...
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
after listening to yours, i've decided why no one does that.

they are boring to listen to, even if you don't suck.

those were some pretty amazing barre chords though, i'll give you that.
thats what im doing, i just have simple stuff up now, and put up better stuff as i learn, but im gonna go check out youre stuff now ^_^
Quote by kidsthesedays
after listening to yours, i've decided why no one does that.

they are boring to listen to, even if you don't suck.

those were some pretty amazing barre chords though, i'll give you that.

I plan on making my next advancements a bit more interesting.
STFU_Nao, would you like me to move this to Guitar & Bass Basics? I feel if it were posted there, you will find more beginners to relate to, and share music/skills with..

Keep it up though mate - I wish more people would leave their ego at the door.

Well if you really think It'd be better there, then by all means please move it.
I don't really have much interest in uploading "guitar skills", to be honest. I have one .mp3 uploaded, "Black Trip", which is pretty boring and was only put there as an experiment, really. I have a lot of ideas, but without a band to back me up and help out with the dynamics of it all, I feel it would be far too boring to listen to some dude jamming over a chord progression for five minutes, or to hear a half-assed song with no vocals, bass, or drums. Granted, I could pull out the bass and drum machine and microphone and do all of that, but I don't feel like it'd be worth it.

Then again, I might do it. It'd be interesting to see what people think of some of my song ideas, assuming people would bother to listen. Hm, will have to think about it.
Well hell, all my mp3s are boring but the first day I uploaded that crappy little acoustic intro it was on the most-played list for that day in the "Community" section. People are definately listening.
Quote by STFU_Nao
Well hell, all my mp3s are boring but the first day I uploaded that crappy little acoustic intro it was on the most-played list for that day in the "Community" section. People are definately listening.

is that the most played list??

i saw it on there... but isnt that just the recently added list?

i dont think the system is very good for listening to peoples music, it needs to be made easier to listen to peoples stuff.

i cant search for it.... because i dont know what im looking for, and i can only see the last 10 added
Not the recently added section on the left. The "TOP MUSIC OF THE PAST DAY" list on the right. It updates at the end of the day with what got played the most.

If I want to hear other people's music I browse "Riffs & Recordings" and posting there is how I got noticed even though only one person actually replied to the thread.
Meh, I thought your 3rd MP3 file sounded pretty good. Of course, I'm a beginner too. I have nothing to record with, sadly.

I have written a few cool licks on the guitar and one small song on the acoustic; it would be pretty cool to have 'em up on my profile.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
I have about 4 songs I've recorded the entire way through. Nothing special at all since I only started a couple months ago and have only been playing for a short time but I learn with each attempt. I still have yet to post anything because of the "OMG you sux" kind of thing. You don't see much in the way of constructive criticism around here. So far I've only posted them on my own website and myspace, but I'm debating whether I want to bring any attention to it just yet.
Quote by STFU_Nao
I look around and well a lot of people don't have stuff up at all, well other than the really good guitarists. I thought what I'd do is start with what I have now and as I get better I'd put up new things to replace the old.

I think that's great. A lot of people seem to use these forums so they can appear
superior, but the biggest braggers (and often the ones giving some of the worst
advice) never seem to have anything you can listen to.

Don't ever apologize for what you put up. There's always going to be jerks who
just want to put you down so they can feel better about themselves
You guys are absolutely right it's just easier for some to be more accepting of ignorant internet behavior. Strangely, I wouldn't have a problem with it if it were real life. Anyway, I decided to post a link to my myspace page in my profile at the very least. My profile was looking pretty barren so it needed something.
I personally think the beginner stuff is more interesting than the stuff put up by the experienced musicians. Because the experienced stuff is all like music we've heard before. With other beginners posting music up like I did, I can see where everyone else is going and that's inspiring.
I don't know everyones personal reasons but the majority is probably

- No access to recording equiptment
- Scared of getting flamed
- Can't be bothered
- Too busy masturbating to "pics of hot chicks" thread
Well I've yet to be flamed for anything I put up, and the tapping mp3 is god awful.
Mind checking out my techniques too? I checked yours out dude, its all good so far! How long have you been playing?

And you are doing a good thing, man. Its SO AWESOME to record your old stuff. After you record it, put it away for a year or so, and when you come back, your face is gonna cringe and youre gonna be like WTF WAS I DOING , best feeling ever
Well, I, for one, am not one of those ridiculously talented metal/shred guitarists. Not necessarily beginner, but I just have somewhat of a different musical objective. Either way, I've posted some techniques, and I'd gladly return the favor of anyone who rates me.

(Also, I kind of did the technique thing a little differently. I uploaded full songs that employ the certain techniques, rather than short recordings recorded specifically for this. It just seems that techniques are much better in the context of the musical purposes they were intended to serve. And some songs cover more than one technique, so that makes it easier on the rater. )
I'll check both of your stuff out. On another note, check out yesterday's top plays. My Bass Jam is on it.

For the record: Bass, three years

Guitar: Six months
To Mud Martin, it's just a practise issue. "Talent" is subjective and everyone defines it differently, so it's no use thinking you don't have the potential to get better technically. I find technical advances some in steps: you don't notice them until they pounce on you and you think to yourself: "Wait a tick, I couldn't do this last month"
Quote by marmoseti
Mastering your instrument is being able to play whatever you hear in your head, unhindered by inadequate technique. After that, it's all about what you've got to say, so there would be no "best," just a bunch of people saying exactly what they mean.
Finally, some ratings. Beginner++, not bad. Just about what I was going for. Now just to work on those things so I can get better ratings.
I've yet to record some skills. I got a few Mp3s up that were for the "Guess That Riff" thread, which died. After reading this, I think i'm gonna go record some and upload them.
~ Gear ~
Epiphone Les Paul
Crate GX-80
Quote by Guitarist132
Finish the quote

"This is _______"
Quote by Aqua Dementia
SPAAAAAAAARRRRTTTAAA! No?
Quote by Guitarist132
Incorrect, the correct answer was papua new guinea

Quote by Aqua Dementia
Whoa, I'm in your sig.
Record away. I'm glad to have found you people.
Ahaha. I lost one + on my rating.

I should really redo Barre Chords, Tapping, and Pinch Harmonics. I know I can make them more interesting.