SO I have a Squire strat thats a hardtail. Could I put in the vintage style tremolo bridge with little to no problem? So help me out, please
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
Can you link to the Bridge your thinking of installing, Google returned a few "vintage style trem bridges"

And are you sure its a hardtail, not just a normal squire trem? (Has the body been routed or is the current trem just screwed into the body?)

Sorry if i sound patronising =P
I Love Oreos, And im English =D
if ur bodys routed, then u can. if not, then u would wanna route it. or maybe u wouldnt, cuz its not exactly easy.
its just kinda screwed on there. if im mistaken, its a squire bullett
Ah yeah, The bullets are hardtails, so youve no need to worry about routing/drilling your guitar, Just make sure it lines up!

and you can replace it with any other hardtail with the same string spacing! =D
so i could get a vintage style tremolo bridge and switch it out, and it would be perfctly fine?
does it have a hole on the bottom? a big rectangular one. and the plastic back plate.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I think if you want to put in a tremolo bridge, you are going to have to modify your guitar. Because, correct me if I'm wrong, I believe you need to route your guitar to accept the tremolo block and other components. That said, I don't think Squier Bullets come with that type of routing.
Fender 70's Strat
Fender California Series Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Epiphone LP Custom
Schecter Diamond Series Exotic 4-String Bass
Red Strat-copy (w/o truss rod! )
No, It has to be another Hardtail mate, Which you can Tremolo with just that same,
Just make sure when buying your new bridge that you dont buy a Trem with a large block based on the bottom of it or a trem that comes with some large springs.

Just make sure whichever trem you want to buy says "Hardtail" in the description, and then come back and check it with the guys on this forum, just to make sure =]
what would i half to do to my guitar to make it a trem saavy. and how would i do it?