Would buying a turn table to listen to LPs really be worth it? I haven't heard metal before on a turn table, but for some odd reason, I wouldn't imagine it sounding that good.
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
I got some old Maiden singles,can't listen to em' though I've heard them at a friends house and they sounded good.I would buy one seeing as you can get them for not that much.
I have a whole bunch of metal records. They sound pretty much the same as a CD to me.
Quote by ToffeeandApples
You my friend, put the pwn in pwnt.

Hell Yeah
Theres also the fun of turning them backwards and seeing what noises it makes.
Vinyl >>>> CD. All music sounds much better on vinyl, especially metal. Anyone who says the two formats sound the same simply hasn't listened properly. Just make sure you invest on a decent turntable. Plus with LPs the artwork looks a whole lot cooler, due to the size.
And they smell nice.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
It's worth it. I always buy the vinyl over the CD these days. Double LPs are a pain in the arse though. In the aspect that as soon as you're comfortable listening to one side you have to flip it... and then again for the next one. heh.
Shadilay.
Quote by chylde_of_fire
Vinyl >>>> CD. All music sounds much better on vinyl, especially metal. Anyone who says the two formats sound the same simply hasn't listened properly. Just make sure you invest on a decent turntable. Plus with LPs the artwork looks a whole lot cooler, due to the size.
And they smell nice.

Seriously, nothing feels, smells, sounds or looks better than unwrapping that picture of Vic Rattlehead or Eddie and Putting the record on on the turntable.
Dickless.
you'd be surprised... I mean some records sound exactly the same, but there's something about listening to a vinyl that I can't get with a cd.

Black metal sounds rawer and more atmospheric on vinyl too.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I didn't know people even listend to LPs anymore lol.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Yep. metal sounds far superior on vinyl. there's the analogue warmth and lack of compression that really favours the vinyl format.

If you haven't heard Black Sabbath on vinyl, you haven't heard heavy metal.
Quote by Phillipa C.
Yep. metal sounds far superior on vinyl. there's the analogue warmth and lack of compression that really favours the vinyl format.

It's true, I have a russian black sabbath Lp and it's one of the gems in my collection.
Quote by morbid_death
An original Sodom vinyl release = wet pants.

But they are also rare and very expensive.
Quote by Phillipa C.

indeed.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM