I head of ragtime influencing delta blues, did i misunderstand? Also, what is ragtime music?

If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
Scott-bloody-Joplin, in a name. That idea sounds a little strange to me... ragtime influencing delta blues to what extent?
How may The National D help you waste your time?
Interestingly enough, we just covered ragtime this week in my history of jazz class. As my teacher put it, Ragtime was one of the first appropriation of western piano techniques by african american pianists. It emphasized a left hand rhythm pattern, played with a syncopated right hand lead lines. It didn't really influence the delta blues so much as was a predecessor to the jazz age.

Discounting that information, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragtime always helps
Thanks for that great link and the info. I kinda scimmed it for now, but i noticed this;

Ragtime was one of the main influences on the early development of jazz (along with the blues)

And, with its date, i can see how it could had an influence on delta blues. I will need to look into it. Thanks!
I think you've misread that. It should read:

"Along with the blues, ragtime was one of the main influences on the early development of jazz".
Quote by Bluesbreaker7
I think you've misread that. It should read:

"Along with the blues, ragtime was one of the main influences on the early development of jazz".

I see... hmm... i appriciate it.