well, i got my guitar about two days ago, and ive been wanting to do soloes for a long time. Are there any soloes equal or a little harder to play than the first solo to "Stairway to Heaven"?
Something that could me busy learning it.
*oh and btw, im not too good at bends, so i'd like a solo without a lot of bends*
thnx in advance guys
FightFor Honor, Fight For Your Life, Praying To God That Our Side Is Right.
-M.I.A.

Seize The Day or Die Regretting the Time you Lost is Empty and Cold Without You Here.
-Seize The Day
have fun finding a solo without alot of bends.
Quote by dethofmoo
haha you said shlong. that means penis. haha your hair is like a penis. penis-hair!

Quote by Vin2254
I once strummed so hard the earth cracked in two and satan rose from the firey pits of hell and marveled in my glorious strumming abilities. True story.
A solo without bends is like...junk.

Um, what genre are you into?

Also, learn to bend, don't avoid things you can't do. Learn them.
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
don't even bother learning solos if you've had a guitar for 2 days. learn chords, notes, theory, etc. otherwise, you will be regarded as an uber- n00b.
oh please i could hardly play mission impossible and if you can id like to hear it

learn the basics first. learn rhythm, scales, modes, theory, and then that will lead to soloing and improv
if u can play stairway, then ur song list should be pretty open to many songs.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
you should learn things like above. but u could try learning the solo to Seize the Day or No More Tears by Ozzy. that would keep u busy. If u can hit that first run after two days in Stairway, thats pretty good.
lol.
i think seize the day might be a little too advanced for me.
im trying to learn it but i dont even get the fast parts of it lol.
i can play most of it, but VERY SLOW.
but im determined to learn seize the day now. hehe
thnx gotsa
-M.I.A.

Seize The Day or Die Regretting the Time you Lost is Empty and Cold Without You Here.
-Seize The Day
When you say first solo to Stairway to Heaven, do you mean the little acoustic introduction or the actual solo?
LOL i put stairway on accident. crap
i meant some song by GnR tho.
wait, ill check.
(sorry im not really a huge fan of GnR, but im getting into classic rock)

MY BAD i cant play stairways solo for crap lol.
-M.I.A.

-Seize The Day
Last edited by 0jhawk0 at Oct 3, 2007,
post a video so we can see what you mean by "i can play".
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
don't even bother learning solos if you've had a guitar for 2 days. learn chords, notes, theory, etc. otherwise, you will be regarded as an uber- n00b.

for that essay, hrdcorelaxplaya is my hero.

learn scales and theory. learn songs later
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
dude, i think you still can't alternate pick ¿am i right? well first do these execises:

-^----^
-1-2-3-4-^---^
-----------1-2-3-4- ^---^
----------------------1-2-3-4,

but alterneting your pick movement (^= downstroke. nothing= upstroke) , so you get the alt. picking and more speed, accuracy, etc.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Last edited by ldnovelo at Oct 3, 2007,
lol i can alternate pick.
but not super fast
-M.I.A.

-Seize The Day
Quote by 0jhawk0
lol i can alternate pick.
but not super fast

lol. then practice that 1-2-3-4 stuff to gain speed and accuracy. also search in the songs bar, 12 hour guitar work or something like that, thta includes variations of this execises. like

1-2-3-4
2-3-4-1
3-4-1-2, etc. it's also important that you doit through the fretboard unlti fret 12. what i mean is:

1-2-3-4---------------------------------------1-2-3-4-2-3-4-5
----------1-2-3-4-------------------1-2-3-4---------------------2-3-4-5
-------------------1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4---------------------------------------2-3-4-5.

and that (but on the six strings) it might be tedious and boring, but once you do that for a month 10 minutes daily, you will know it helps.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

do you mean you just got a new electric guitar? or is it your very first guitar?? im confused
I came here to drink milk and kick ass.

... And I've just finished my milk.
o.OOOOO

some random classical bit from To Live is To Die xD
that was the first thing i learned, and sadly i've never taken the initiative to listen to a full metallica song

fingerpicking is the pwn right now for you, it'll make your playing sound much more 'spicey' than you'd play single notes at a time
i have a 'white guitar'
arpeggios from hell!!! do it, do it now!!!
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
-Mark Twain
lulz i herd Dream Theater hz sum ez stuff...

but really i agree with everybody else. Before you want to solo learn scales to get your hands used to all the movements and build up some theory knowledge etc. The first solo you can try in a couple of weeks is the smells like teen spirit solo. edit: just remembered that one has bends ^^ there... you can't even learn the easiest solo without knowing how to bend properly :P
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...