Page 1 of 2
This thread is now officially about discussion of the Platypus. Go!
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
Haha, yeah.
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

island was about to sign me, but at the last minute i decided i didnt wanna go mainstream so now im not on any labels.

Edit: I forgot to add that i might be signed on this label called Sarcasm. itll be sweet.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Last edited by Its_Rock77 at Oct 3, 2007,
getting signed isant going mainstream, its just making what you love to do easier
by getting paid for it =D
Quote by Its_Rock77
island was about to sign me, but at the last minute i decided i didnt wanna go mainstream so now im not on any labels.

im callin bs.
Call me Trey.
my friends band has been to LA a couple times to meet with record companies but i dont know too much about it right now because hes been in college and i havent talked to him in a while
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
Quote by Its_Rock77

there are quite a few bands on island that are not big mainstream acts

i also call bs

Jack my swag
Haha, nah...the closest I ever got to being signed was when Simon Cowell asked me to perform "Happy Birthday To You" at his daughter's eighth birthday party.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Its_Rock77

I say bs like mudvayne_lp said

I would have taken it
Quote by gopherthegreat
there are quite a few bands on island that are not big mainstream acts

i also call bs

wow guys.....

of course theres bands on island that arent mainstream....

I mean it shouldn't be that hard to get signed since I see a bunch of ****ty bands getting signed
Quote by Its_Rock77
wow guys.....

of course theres bands on island that arent mainstream....

then why would you not wanna be signed by them? or was your post a joke and your rolling your eyes at us calling bs? my sarcasm detector is broken

Jack my swag
Quote by gopherthegreat
then why would you not wanna be signed by them? or was your post a joke and your rolling your eyes at us calling bs? my sarcasm detector is broken

my post was a joke UGers.....*sigh*

i was hoping at least one person wouldn't believe me. Ultimate guitar has failed me...

"Fun bands" that make music for the sake of music don't really exist anymore, or they aren't represented in the media. I think that officially died in the late 90's, with the exception of QOTSA.
Quote by 6079 Smith W

Quote by jravolta
"Fun bands" that make music for the sake of music don't really exist anymore, or they aren't represented in the media. I think that officially died in the late 90's, with the exception of QOTSA.

okay, but just because a band makes music to express their feelings instead of just having fun doesnt make them a bad band or make them in it for the money.

i know you didnt say that, but im just making a statement.

Quote by Its_Rock77

i was hoping at least one person wouldn't believe me. Ultimate guitar has failed me...

no. YOU HAVE FAILED AT UG.

and at life
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by ldnovelo
no. YOU HAVE FAILED AT UG.

and at life

liar.

that just happened.

Is it that hard to get signed if your good?

I would like to if I was in a band, not for the money, to put my music out there for people to enjoy, I dont like those bastards that do it for the money..
Quote by Its_Rock77

I still believe you
Quote by Geetar_Axel

I would like to if I was in a band, not for the money, to put my music out there for people to enjoy, I dont like those bastards that do it for the money..

you have to do more than just be good. before a label puts you out there, you have to put yourself out there. i dont have experience, but i would guess that you find the label, the label (most of the time) doesn't find you.

Edit: ^er..... because i was telling the truth! that really happened!

Quote by Its_Rock77
okay, but just because a band makes music to express their feelings instead of just having fun doesnt make them a bad band or make them in it for the money.

i know you didnt say that, but im just making a statement.

Agreed. Although I didn't really say anything about bands expressing their feelings.
Quote by 6079 Smith W

Quote by Geetar_Axel

exactly

but I wouldn't mind getting some money out of it

I need to eat
Quote by jravolta
Agreed. Although I didn't really say anything about bands expressing their feelings.

i know. i wasn't sure if your statement was like an indirect attack on "emo" bands out today. biased generalizations like that bother me.

Quote by MadMetalManiac
exactly

but I wouldn't mind getting some money out of it

I need to eat

Of course
A band i'm in is signed to an indie label

http://envexrecordz.com/

I'm in the v!xens

=]
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
Quote by richrawr
A band i'm in is signed to an indie label

http://envexrecordz.com/

I'm in the v!xens

=]

I would like to play in a band for a living (like payed for it so I dont have to have a ****ty job)

Can you make a living from a indie label, do your cd's get sold at normal cd stores?
Quote by Geetar_Axel
I would like to play in a band for a living (like payed for it so I dont have to have a ****ty job)

Can you make a living from a indie label, do your cd's get sold at normal cd stores?

yeah, you can because their are indie labels who are more known than others
Quote by Geetar_Axel

Ah, well this indie label is releasing 1000 records, so we'll sell them online, probably send some to major labels etc..

We havent yet had it released..
Quote by hightension01

Tell her

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
This band, its power pop/glam/eletronica

myspace.com/thevxens

I'm just the bass player lololol
Quote by hightension01

Tell her

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
Quote by richrawr
This band, its power pop/glam/eletronica

myspace.com/thevxens

I'm just the bass player lololol

that genre will probably give you a better shot at making a living since its the "flavor of the year" or whatever.

and why is that funny?

Quote by Its_Rock77
that genre will probably give you a better shot at making a living since its the "flavor of the year" or whatever.

and why is that funny?

Well its not really a "Flavour of the Year" thing for us cos it started as a hobby for the lead singer then he got the rest of us in...

uhm, oh its a personal thing, cos most of the basslines are given to me to play.. and i just give em feel..
Quote by hightension01

Tell her

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
Not bad stuff, I actually like that Electronica since I heard The Network *cough*GREENDAY*cough*
Page 1 of 2