i need some help with my next guitar. i need a good guitar to play heavy metal/thrash music like old metallica, megadeth, anthrax, stuff like that. right now i have an epiphone sg special. it works for classic rock and punk, but not too good for thrash or metal. anyone have any ideas that are around 4 to 5 hundred bucks? any help would be appreciated.
A les paul is good for anything. i've heard B.C. rich works well for metal, and plus their guitars look so kick ass.
not a huge fan of B.C Rich's pickups, but you can always change them

ESP is the way to go, there guitars are killer, and you can get a decent price, the 9 volt for the active EMG's or ESP's sucks, but its worth it
Either BC Rich or an Ibanez, but I don't know how you feel about Ibanezs personally I don't like them but I don't play metal too much and never thrash or death.
My Setup
Fender Stratocaster Highway One HSS
Marshall Lead 12 Combo 5005
dude, go ESP, the rock. maybe an eclipse 200 and get some EMG's for that (eclipse cuz the lp shape is very good for anything. emg cux they rock)

or if you like floyd roses, get a KH-203. the headstock looks cool in real life (almost like an acoustic guitar's headstock) not the sh-it they put on photos
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI