howdy there UG.
ok, well, me and the band have been in deep thought. after losing our bassist due to laziness, i willingly said i'd step up to the challenge of bringing the bass back.
so we were discussing whati could do. i am able to get anything instrument related around x-mas coming to about $500. seeing that i already own the GUITAR equipment, i wasn't crazy about having to buy new a new amp. but then, alas the lead guitarist came up with the idea i could keep my amp, and just get a 7-string guitar. so my question would be : with a $500 budget, what 7-string do you guys recommend?
7 string guitar is still a - GUITAR. You cannot replace bass with a guitar
I started a new wave in music - it's called n00bism...
Oh wait, Curt did it before me
=================
Kramer pacer
Screamin' deamon (neck)
Live-wire metal (bridge, 18v)
Finaly knobs that go to 11
=================
...so do you want bass stuff or guitar stuff?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
we know that we can't get authentic bass sound from a 7-string, but we can get some bass sound, so there we go. Galapogos, what kind of pickup change? what's wrong with the stock pickups?
get an agile interceptor/septor. its a 27inch scale 7 string guitar. Then downtune to like F#. You'll have two notes less than a basssstring, but if you can get thick enough strings, you could drop tune the last string giving you the whole bass range as well. However this would mean your other guitarist would have to get some really thick strings to tune to a 7 string tuning. unless your creative and can keep the relativity between the notes you play.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
im just going to get a Schecter Omen-7. since the band is in the stage where we've begun writing our own songs we'll make due with the only bass string being a B. but as soon as i get my schecter, im going to play around with the tunings.
You're replacing a bass with a 7-string?
Also be aware that there's more to the sound of a bass than the fact that the pitch is lower. You're not really doing your band good by buying a 7-string as opposed to a bass because you're still basically losing your entire bottom-end. If you're not willing to shell out for a bass, find a bassist.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Quote by djmay71
im just going to get a Schecter Omen-7. since the band is in the stage where we've begun writing our own songs we'll make due with the only bass string being a B. but as soon as i get my schecter, im going to play around with the tunings.

I would reccomend you to rethink that Schecter and get the Ibanez RG7321 mentioned above.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
yeah but i don't want to have to change the pickups on the Ibanez 7321. Also every music store i know of doesn't carry 7-stringers (what can i say, i live in canada) so i'd have to order online, and i can't order from the US cause it'd be too much shipping charges for me, and I can get the Schecter for $410, including shipping AND 100% Shipping Insurance.
Quote by djmay71
yeah but i don't want to have to change the pickups on the Ibanez 7321. Also every music store i know of doesn't carry 7-stringers (what can i say, i live in canada) so i'd have to order online, and i can't order from the US cause it'd be too much shipping charges for me, and I can get the Schecter for $410, including shipping AND 100% Shipping Insurance.

The pickups on the RG aren't that bad and besides, the ones in the Schecter aren't better. Also, the RG7321 isn't that hard to get, so if you ask an Ibanez dealer or try some online sites you'll find one.
i don't hae any ibanez dealers around anywhere, i i'm not going to travel to ottawa or montreal just to get a guitar. now i would if i was visiting for a week, but still, it'd be overkill.
as for online sites, a canadian music online dealer has some ibanez's but that model i'd have to special order, which would put me over my budget
btw, out of curiosity, why not just try finding another bassist? it would be cheaper and way more efficient
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
lol...we thought of that, but we're having enough trouble and headaches finding a drummer, and we don't all carry large amounts of advil around :P plus for me i'm doing a solo metal project, so a 7 string would be beneficial for me to have.
Quote by djmay71
lol...we thought of that, but we're having enough trouble and headaches finding a drummer, and we don't all carry large amounts of advil around :P plus for me i'm doing a solo metal project, so a 7 string would be beneficial for me to have.

Besides, even if you have a bass player, a seven string is still awesome.
exactly my friend. if i had massive amounts of money lying around i would defintely sell my all my guitar gear and get bass equipment, but i can't cause im in college for a about a year, so that holds my finiancial strings and my guitaring strings back
Quote by djmay71
i don't hae any ibanez dealers around anywhere, i i'm not going to travel to ottawa or montreal just to get a guitar. now i would if i was visiting for a week, but still, it'd be overkill.
as for online sites, a canadian music online dealer has some ibanez's but that model i'd have to special order, which would put me over my budget

Bam! Yours in four days, I think they ship Purolator standard.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!