I have a vintage Fender Twin Reverb and I love it. If there's ONE problem I have it's that the open cover doesn't handle distortion from my pedal as well as it could. I was wondering if there's anyway I could do a DIY with putting something on the back so the cover is more enclosed. Has anyone ever done this before?
you made this thread last night. but anyway, you could put it against a wall. other than that a seperate 2x12/4x12 closed cab or whatever.
It would be pretty easy to do, just get the dimensions of the hole and then trace and cut a piece of birch or apple ply to that size. Get a couple screws and you'd be done.

BTW, what pedals have you tried with it? I've found that twins often don't like boss-style distortion pedals. The fulldrive II or MI audio tube zone seem to work better with fender amps.
Quote by Roc8995
It would be pretty easy to do, just get the dimensions of the hole and then trace and cut a piece of birch or apple ply to that size. Get a couple screws and you'd be done.

BTW, what pedals have you tried with it? I've found that twins often don't like boss-style distortion pedals. The fulldrive II or MI audio tube zone seem to work better with fender amps.

I use a Robert Keeley Mod Ibanez Tubescreamer for Overdrive and a Keeley Mod BOSS DS-1 for Distortion. It's a BOSS but the Robert Keeley mod is easily the best Distortion pedal I've ever played through. It sounds not bad now, I think with the cover it'll sound great. Thanks for the advice.