Hey guys.

I know this has been discussed before and ive done some reading but i plan on getting these soon so i thought id make a little thread.

Im planning on changing the stock burstbuckers to something else.

What do you guys think are a good classic rock sounding pickup.

I really like to play Zeppelin-ish music.

What would you guys recommend for a good humbucker?

I really dont have any price range that im trying to keep it in, i just want to change em out when i re-setup my guitar.

_B_
"TONE ADDICT"
if you're upgrading from a burstbucker, look into some boutique humbuckers.
www.sdpickups.com has great PAF voiced humbuckers. handwound, boutique, and vintage spec. you'll like it.

u can also look at www.wolfetone.com or maybe some www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
ok sweet. those sdpickups look really cool. I may get some of those i think.

do you think this will really change the sound quality im getting? b/c right now im just a little bit unhappy with my LP standard and was thinking about selling it and gettinga custom, but thought about this pickup swap as a good idea.

_B_
"TONE ADDICT"
well, burstbuckers are pretty much top notch from gibson. they don't offer any higher than that. SD pickups are rumored to be very PAF like, if not, it is a PAF.

whats ur amp? the orange in ur avatar? hmmm.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Well if you don't have a budget definitely check out the botique makers EC mentioned.

I have a set of Duncan 59's in my guitar and I get some wonderful Page tones. You could also look into the Seth Lover Model or the Antiquities which are some wonder PAF clones
bump!

are there any other suggestions for humbuckers?

those sds look the best to me ATM.

Thanx!

_B_
"TONE ADDICT"
SD (Stephen Design) pickups are superior to others. CorduroyEW of UG (another boutique pickup maker. i love his single coils) says Stephen Designs are the best PAFs he's ever heard of. and he knows what hes talking about.

i wouldn't go with those mass produced PAF copies. they're just gonna be another pickup similar to ur burstbuckers.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard