I'm looking at a new setof strings for tuning to C, Db and Drop B. I've been looking at Rotosound's Swing bass 110-85-70-50 and at the GHS Bass Boomers 115-95-70-50. I have never used GHS before which is why am asking and have a Rotosound 45-105 set on my Jazz (which I really like) and the new guitarist in the band likes to tune to the aforementioned tunings so I was thinking about heaqvier sets of strings. Don't say get a five string cause it's already on my list of stuff I want/need.

Thanks
Victor
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
I've never tried the rotosounds, but GHS strings give you an incredible bang for your buck. They have a really nice, clean tone without being overly bright. They're worth checking out.
I personally swear by Rotosounds and only play Stainless Steel strings. A list of certified legends as Rotosound users give an indication that there is indeed something about those strings.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Rotosound is the definition of bass strings, in my dictionary. as the box reads, Finest Quality, Handmade in England. not made in china. they were good enough for Entwistle, so they are good enough for me. i have no opinion on GHS, or any other bass strings, for that matter. for my guitars i'm not so picky. but for my bass, i have not purchased any other brand since 1979. Fender Jazz and Rotosound is like, Gibson Les Paul and Marshall amps. if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Those are all good facts and answers but which would be better for tuning to c, Db and Drop B. Rotosound's Swing bass 110-85-70-50 or GHS Bass Boomers 115-95-70-50?
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
Rotosound's, not a GHS fan at all...They shred your fingers to pieces though...But they sound awesome

I use super slinkys almost always now though.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by bassburton
Those are all good facts and answers but which would be better for tuning to c, Db and Drop B. Rotosound's Swing bass 110-85-70-50 or GHS Bass Boomers 115-95-70-50?

Probably, just looking at gauges, the GHS would be better because they are heavier. In every other category you can imagine Rotosound is better.
GHS have great tone, but they die out somewhat faster then other strings ive played. I havent played any Rotosounds (i would kill for a set right now actually), but if i cant find any Boomers in my local shops, i try to find some Ernie balls. They're just as good and are around the same price.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50