Which is best for a really bassy balls out metal tone?. I dont need volume but i need decent cleans and the cheaper the better
if you want decent cleans, a good metal tone....and a cheap top.....than take the engl screamer
top!!!
and if volume doesn't matter to you than go for the engl screamer combo!!!
Just wait till dave comes on

I own a Fireball, and it IS bad ass...

But you should atleast try those amps out!
yea fireball has a better destortion sound, but the screamer is far better for clean tones!
don't mean to hijack the thread, but is there a combo version of the Fireball?
i'd have said fireball for that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
probably yeah.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
actually it seems a bit saturated..i want the best tone but again need no volume or multichannels.
yeah, the fireball, and the powerball even more, are both extremely saturated. br00talz. if you want a more open sound, the blackmore would be good. Bear in mind, though, it may be too open, and a lot of compression is occurring through its transfer to youtube etc.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, the fireball, and the powerball even more, are both extremely saturated. br00talz. if you want a more open sound, the blackmore would be good. Bear in mind, though, it may be too open, and a lot of compression is occurring through its transfer to youtube etc.

i didnt really like the blackmore i tried it. i might have to get a hughes and kettenr triamp ro something and sell all my guitars bar one.
ah, ok. the triamp's nice, but very expensive, and i wasn't too fussed with its high gain channels. the other 4 channels were badass though.

have you tried a savage or invader? might be worth a look. otherthan that, soldano, vht, bogner etc. would all be worth a look.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I dont really like how the powerball kinda has this scooped voicing to it, and no, i didnt scoop the mids.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers