Alright. How should I begin ? Umm...you see, quite recently I've decided that I'll study music at Berklee, and (hopefully) end up being a musician for the rest of my life. However, I have tons of issues . Firstly, I haven't had taken music in my O'levels, and I don't have it now in my A'levels either (I'm gonna give my Advanced Subsidiary exams in June 2008). Add to that the fact that I live in Bangladesh, a pretty backward country where we really don't have any centres providing any internationally-competitive degrees on music . We do have some music training institutes and all, but will their certificates/recommendation letters work? I really don't know what Berklee's requirements are, but I'm assuming that they'll look into whether I've had any proper training in my high school years. Plus I've heard that during the interview session (if they accept my application, that is!) I'm required to play a classical piece infront of them. I know my staff notation pretty well, but I never really practiced sight-reading any classical pieces.

Is there any way you guys could help me out here? Preferrably with some easy classical pieces that I could download and practice, and what I should do in order to qualify for an admission into Berklee? I guess things seem a bit too bleak for me, but a li'l bit of your guidance can really help me out a lot, and will most definitely be appreciated!
Quote by buckethead_jr
I didn't think they had metal in the 1790's

Quote by Guitarislife125
Copper is a metal

Quote by buckethead_jr
Ah, touche.
Ask Berklee. Seriously, drop them a line asking them everything you've asked us. Out of curiosity though, how do you plan to study at Berklee coming out of Bangladesh? Do you have family or something in the US?
How may The National D help you waste your time?
^ As an international student maybe...
Quote by buckethead_jr

Quote by Guitarislife125
Copper is a metal

Quote by buckethead_jr
Ah, touche.
Obviously. I was asking about the practical (visas, accomodation, costs, etc) side of things. I'm hoping to do something similar to you for uni, but it seems to be nigh on impossible to go to uni in the US unless you have family there or a BIG pile of cash.
How may The National D help you waste your time?
I was at Berklee for 2 years, they have the highest amount of international students of any college in the states; so you shouldn't be worried. An admissions consuelor will answer most of your questions. Also read the article in my signature.

As for the classical piece, get a private instructor ASAP to help you before the audition.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
hey first complete your o lvls! im not sure but most US colleges accept you even if you dont have A lvls... go to their web site then find out. Next you might have to do SATS ... or you may not,their website should tell you that.

honestly all your questions will be answered at their website, so go take a look.... if it does not answer you questions you can e-mail their admissions office...

gd luck!
Thanks a lot you guys! Me loves you! *hugs in a non-gay manner*
Quote by buckethead_jr

Quote by Guitarislife125
Copper is a metal

Quote by buckethead_jr
Ah, touche.
Quote by The National D
Obviously. I was asking about the practical (visas, accomodation, costs, etc) side of things. I'm hoping to do something similar to you for uni, but it seems to be nigh on impossible to go to uni in the US unless you have family there or a BIG pile of cash.

Well, I'm hoping against all hopes that I might a scholarship of some sort. I guess they have some sorta student visa thingy or something that might help. Accomodation is something I haven't thought about though. I come from a pretty poor family too, so I guess it'll be a long struggle.
Quote by buckethead_jr

Quote by Guitarislife125
Copper is a metal

Quote by buckethead_jr
Ah, touche.