Trying to find some mellow and just great sounding chords/chord variations. I'd really appreciate any suggestions on some of your favorites! Thanks!
suspensions, M9, M7/7, M7, add9 and add11. I like using semi-open voicings too like say for an E chord (format = e-a-d-g-b-e) you could use (0-11-14-13-0-0) <--those are the frets for each string. Or Am7 you could do (X-0-10-9-8-0), just mess around you can make some cool voicings up
Standard Fender Telecaster
Fender Blues Jr
Ibz10
Quote by zipppy2006
suspensions, M9, M7/7, M7, add9 and add11. I like using semi-open voicings too like say for an E chord (format = e-a-d-g-b-e) you could use (0-11-14-13-0-0) <--those are the frets for each string. Or Am7 you could do (X-0-10-9-8-0), just mess around you can make some cool voicings up

Cool, I really like the way the high pitched E sounds. How do you know where the frets would be? I'm guessing you basically need to know the notes in the chord (triad) and just how count strings to match up the notes?

Thanks for the advice.
^ The first step I would take in trying to work out nifty chords would be to learn enough music theory to understand intervals and chord construction and take it from there.

Just remember that any chord can sound good used in the right context.