I just started trying out a few different songs over yesterday and today, and I think I refound my inspiration and desire to play again. Thank you songs such as "Sweet Child O' Mine" GNR (which is one of the most emotional bass lines I've heard in forever), "Now You've Got Something To Die For," LOG and "Schism" TOOL. I'm looking forward to playing again.

So what would you say is the most emotional bass line you've ever played?
I am a lucid dream to the illusionary slumber
Wading in a cesspool of forgotten memory
An insignificant host to the collective subconscious

~Sacred Slumber
That's cool on you man.

I've been having a really hard time finding whatever it is that used to make me "click" with my music. I don't really know what it is... maybe 6 strings were right for me... maybe it's cause I quit some really bad habits in my life.

I dunno, but I hope I connect soon.
haha
I wrote a few pieces that involve two hand tapping and whatnot a few months ago. they've always been able to get the whole "explosion of emotion" thing going.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
That's cool on you man.

I've been having a really hard time finding whatever it is that used to make me "click" with my music. I don't really know what it is... maybe 6 strings were right for me... maybe it's cause I quit some really bad habits in my life.

I dunno, but I hope I connect soon.

Me too.

Good on you though man.
if your going for the more emotional approach...take a shot at Disposition by Tool. Learn it, and improvise other parts into it that go well with it (thats what i do atleast) also, it sounds the best with a pick
Magic Bus. Play it for half an hour and you'll be about as emotional as a person can get.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Magic Bus. Play it for half an hour and you'll be about as emotional as a person can get.

Lmao. How did Entwistle put up with that?
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by sammcl-15
Lmao. How did Entwistle put up with that?

He would protest by being quiet and sulking in a corner on-stage, but he'd turn his amps up really loud to piss off the rest of the band. They didn't notice, so he just went on sulking quietly for the rest of his career.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
^ funny 'cause its true.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by thefitz
He would protest by being quiet and sulking in a corner on-stage, but he'd turn his amps up really loud to piss off the rest of the band. They didn't notice, so he just went on sulking quietly for the rest of his career.

Yes because Pete and Roger were always vying for the "I am the focus of the band and performance" and Keith was always this side of being three sheets to the wind, lol.

Back on topic:

A new teacher and an exploration into bass chords (including learning "Pretty Little Ditty" by RHCP) has definitely kicked my bass playing in a new direction.