Page 1 of 2
if I buy a vox ac30 at regular price at guitar center and asked to get the extention cab for free with it, would I bee pushing it?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
haha ya. i doubt youd get it for free.
maybe theyd sell it at like a better deal if you buy em both...but not free lol
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
good luck mate...
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
If they're nice, they might give you fifty bucks off. Of course this is entirely dependent upon the salesperson. If the salesperson thinks that you won't buy the amp if you don't get a great deal on the cab, then they'll give you a deal on the cab. If you're hell bent on buying the amp and the salesperson notices, then you'll be less likely to get the cab at a great price as they'll be getting the commission anyway.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Just say you've got like, $100 bucks less than what it costs at your GC, and they'll probably sell it to you. Or say you want some other stuff with it, like lots of strings or some kind of pedal, and they'll probably give you a deal on it.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
well what is the best deal you think I would get, the amp is 1000 and the cab is around 350 I think.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by fifer
well what is the best deal you think I would get, the amp is 1000 and the cab is around 350 I think.

Maybe 275?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
No, not for free. If you can get somewhere between $50-$100 knocked off the cab, consider yourself lucky. And are you talking about the combo with the cab, or the head with the cab? If you're getting the combo, the cab may not be necessary unless you have a really good reason to need the extra speakers.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I want the combo, but I want to make it sort of a stack..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
So you need to make it a stack, or you just want to?

If money is to tight, the combo will do just fine and be plenty loud until you can afford the extension cab.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
by next month I will have around 1200 or so, so I dont know if I can get a good deal on it, if not I guess I could just get the amp..

o and yeah I want to have a stack, haha
Quote by RetroGunslinger
I would suggest just getting the amp. It will look slightly less cool, but it will sound just as good, and you will save some cash.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Are you talking about an AC30CC?

Why the hell do you need a stack, it's 30 watts tube.

I'm really, really tired of people trying to look cool by buying a totally unnecessary amp.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

Quote by hamish5178

I'm really, really tired of people trying to look cool by buying a totally unnecessary amp.

Not really a stack, just an extra speaker.

But even then, I think you'll find the vox ac30 combo to be fecking heavy by itself.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
Not really a stack, just an extra speaker.

But even then, I think you'll find the vox ac30 combo to be fecking heavy by itself.

Then the real question is why is Vox charging $350 for one speaker???

A celestion blue is what, $150?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

Absolutely not. GC is very unwilling to haggle on prices.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
-SD "Pearly Gates" bridge pickup
-50's style wiring
Digitech RP150
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1 Linear Power Booster
Peavey Windsor Studio

= My amp on crack
go to guitar center at the end of the month, dont ask questions just trust me. haha
Quote by hamish5178

take it easy man, I just want to be equivalent in speakers to my friend which I might be playing with.....
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by fifer
take it easy man, I just want to be equivalent in speakers to my friend which I might be playing with.....

well does your friend have a tube amp?

Anyway, if your friend is too loud tell him to turn down, that should work.

Unless you're in the Who, then you might need to custom order something.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

Quote by hamish5178

i'm really really tired of people guilting others on living life the way they want to just to make up for personal inadequacies.
You don't really need a cab for a VOX Ac30. Its pretty loud and you can mic it if you are playing to a massive stadium which is the only time you will need to.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
The biggest difference in having the cab would probably be the fact that it's louder. But if you get just the amp, you may have turn your amp up a little bit to keep up with his volume, and that can only result in good tones.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
/\ I'm guessing it would just make it louder, not really anything tone wise.

Anyways, if you want to have a stack amp, what I usually do is just grab my mates amp and stack mine on top or vice versa. Looks cool enough.... plus it puts the speaker closer to your ear.

Meh, you gotta remember, if you don't actually need all of the volume, then you shouldn't worry with a stack. I mean, imagine all that trouble in having to move it places!
Quote by tehbensonzorz
not to jack the thread, but a quick question...would an additional 2x12 speaker cab for my vox ad50vt really make a big difference in volume or tone?

if the cab is decent your sound will improve tremendously and gain some perceived volume as the vox is loaded with one of the most craptastic speakers you can find.
thanks for all the replies. what do you guys think of the ac15 with the extension cab??
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Good luck getting it for free mate!
My Setup

Guitar-Jackson Dinky *Black*

Pickups- 2 Seymour Duncans

Tremolo- Floyd Rose

AMP- Line 6 Spider II

Men are monkeys, monkeys are monkeys.

Wait.. WTF?!
Quote by fifer
thanks for all the replies. what do you guys think of the ac15 with the extension cab??

You'd be significantly better off getting the AC30 without the additional cab.

If you were going to spend for the additional cab for the AC30, I think that money would be much better spent just getting the combo with the Celestion Blues. As is, it's all you'll really need. I have the 1x12 model, and I have an excellent cab to run with it, but I don't need it.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
ok. btw, I have an epi special II would it sound good through this amp?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by fifer
ok. btw, I have an epi special II would it sound good through this amp?

It'll sound alright, certainly better than a new guitar through whatever amp you have now

You'd probably want to upgrade the guitar at some point though .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Oct 5, 2007,
Quote by slatsmania
You'd be significantly better off getting the AC30 without the additional cab.

If you were going to spend for the additional cab for the AC30, I think that money would be much better spent just getting the combo with the Celestion Blues. As is, it's all you'll really need. I have the 1x12 model, and I have an excellent cab to run with it, but I don't need it.

+1

It would probably be harder to find something that "didn't" sound good with that amp man.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
ok thanks
Quote by RetroGunslinger
what is the hardest rock that this amp could get anyways?? (I might have to buy online, and I would like to know...)
Quote by RetroGunslinger
You would need an overdrive to get into classic rock territory seriously. Its a low gain amplifier. Think clean, bluesy and a bit gritty when cranked.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
^ No. The AC30 will do classic rock all on it's own. Think Queen's heavier stuff, that was all done on an AC30. The Clash used AC30's. Endless other acts. The crunch is what they're all about. Well, that and their beautiful cleans.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
ok thanks
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by slatsmania
^ No. The AC30 will do classic rock all on it's own. Think Queen's heavier stuff, that was all done on an AC30. The Clash used AC30's. Endless other acts. The crunch is what they're all about. Well, that and their beautiful cleans.

True that but you are not going to get anywhere near hardcore punk or metal territory. The most it will go is AC/DC with a bit of luck.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Page 1 of 2