Page 1 of 3
I just wrote a 3500 word research paper, that is due tomorrow btw, in under two hours. Start to finish in under two hours, having no prior work done on it except reading my sources.

Does anyone else do their best work right at the deadline? I know if I plan ahead and work on a paper for two weeks, doing a little every day, my paper ends up being garbage. If I wait until the last minute, I get an A. I wrote my last paper the class before last time and got a near perfect score.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
You're not a genius.

You are just verbose.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Any idiot can throw 3500 words together in 2 hours. It's the quality that counts.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik
Any idiot can throw 3500 words together in 2 hours. It's the quality that counts.

Got that right
You could say I get my best work done at the last minute, but that's only because that's the only time I get any work done.
Quote by Vornik

WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
procrastination drive.

most people never fully realize its true power.

if it was possible to procrastinate curing cancer, it would have been done by now. not even kidding. unfortunately cancer doesn't have a due date.

world peace, same deal.

procrastination=4.0
Quote by Vornik

agreed....
I wrote my gr. 12 english summative on the bus (had that class first period) which was a valedictorian speech.. my name got called to present so I had to finish on the podium and got 100% on it. so no bragging rights around here, for any of us. pics or it didn't happen? well I still have the speech if anyone wants
Quote by Oligarchy
SGRocker0791 and Raijin.xiii are ass holes in case anyone was wondering.

Quote by jimmyjimjim
try not to be such a dick

Quote by jdotp
thanks to the ignorant prick
I used to wait until the hour before class to write my speeches for public speaking and I always got an A
Honeybiscuit is here.
Just because you finished it in two hours doesn't mean it's any good.

Anyone can write 3500 words in two hours.

Now, if you come out with a high mark, then I may consider giving you credit, but as of now, you're just a lazy bastard who couldn't finish his work on time; there's no genius in that.

I highly doubt you'll get a good mark for it, because a 3500 word assignment written in two hours will lack consistency and structure.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a procrastinator too, but I don't claim to be a genius because of it.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Oct 4, 2007,
Quote by Vornik

My thoughts exactly.
I wrote an 11-page analytical essay on Paradise Lost during lunch, study hall, and math (which I cut). I finished the paper just before English class, turned it in, and got a 93%.

Bonus points: I sparknoted Paradise Lost.

Long story short, I rock at BSing and procrastination.
My Last.fm Account

My Band

Quote by Jackal58
JoHNNERz you sir are my hero of the moment.
I'm the same way. I always leave things to the last night... I ususally do pretty well too. I've never attempted piecing an essay together over time, so I really have nothing to compare my results to haha.
That's my entire high school career. I was better at procrastinating and yet still doing well than anyone else.
I think he was trying to say that he's done stuff like this before and done well because of it... or something along that line.

I've never had to write a 3500 word paper before, but on a recent 500 word one that I wrote in 20 minutes I got 100%. And in English I usually leave it 'till the last night and have never gotten less than five on the six-point scale.
I'd love to change the world, but I don't know what to do, so I'll leave it up to you....

Are you Superbad???
real question is, what subject was it for... that can make a big difference as to how easily you can bs your way through a long essay. bit hard to write a science paper full of bull, different story for philosophy.
You're rationalizing a dysfunctional behavior with the attitude "I work better under pressure." You've convinced yourself that you work better under pressure, or do you think you feel better about tackling the work later? But tomorrow never comes and last-minute work is often low quality. In spite of what you may believe, you don't do well under pressure. The idea that time pressure improves performance is a myth.

In most cases, the statement "I work best under pressure" really means, "I procrastinate until something is almost due, then I'm forced to do it, and usually it turns out pretty well."
I hate you all. I get my best marks spending 2-3 weeks, a bit at a time on a research paper.

You all suck.

'Ahh, I can pull an A out of my ass, worship me.'

Sigh. Try some hard work for a change. You're going to get a nasty suprise one day when it stops cutting it.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Quote by greety
I hate you all. I get my best marks spending 2-3 weeks, a bit at a time on a research paper.

You all suck.

'Ahh, I can pull an A out of my ass, worship me.'

Sigh. Try some hard work for a change.
Same thing from the other side.

I have a fairly strong dislike for people who have to put in a lot of effort and work hard. I admire people who are able to get by with exerting minimal effort (less work for the same result = efficiency!). BSing effectively is an art as much as it is a skill. Takes quick thinking under daunting pressure. I like to think of myself and the few of my friends who were able to master this as veterans.
I realized earlier this year that I procrastinate because without a looming deadline or the posibility of losing sleep, papers are just waaaaaaaay to boring for me to pay attention to for more then five minutes. Silly internet's given me ADD @_@.
Quote by yawn
Same thing from the other side.

I have a fairly strong dislike for people who have to put in a lot of effort and work hard. I admire people who are able to get by with exerting minimal effort (less work for the same result = efficiency!). BSing effectively is an art as much as it is a skill. Takes quick thinking under daunting pressure. I like to think of myself and the few of my friends who were able to master this as veterans.

Sigh. I'm going to put a challenge to all you sadguys, I'd like to see a philosophy thesis whipped out in an hour beforehand (and get a top mark).

Some things require work. I bet you're all just doing damn high school essays that are a joke. Like I said in the previous post, there's going to be a day when you get a nasty suprise when just pulling a magical piece out of your ass isn't going to cut it anymore.
Quote by greety
Sigh. I'm going to put a challenge to all you sadguys, I'd like to see a philosophy thesis whipped out in an hour beforehand (and get a top mark).

Some things require work. I bet you're all just doing damn high school essays that are a joke. Like I said in the previous post, there's going to be a day when you get a nasty suprise when just pulling a magical piece out of your ass isn't going to cut it anymore.

If you're going to give someone a challenge, then at least make it reasonable.

A good thesis in an hour? Nobody can do that, hell printing the damn thesis takes an hour by it self. Give them a day at least.

I write most of my speeches and papers usually the day before, not only because of procrastination, but I do have a pretty hectic schedule to keep up with. Now if it's a lengthy or logical paper, than I might do some work before hand.

But seriously, nobody can do a thesis in an hour and get away with it.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Quote by Metal-X

I'm pretty sure that was his point.

Quote by Metal-X
If you're going to give someone a challenge, then at least make it reasonable.

A good thesis in an hour? Nobody can do that, hell printing the damn thesis takes an hour by it self. Give them a day at least.

I write most of my speeches and papers usually the day before, not only because of procrastination, but I do have a pretty hectic schedule to keep up with. Now if it's a lengthy or logical paper, than I might do some work before hand.

Ohh no. These guys can do anything, man. He's a genius as well, remember?
Quote by Smokey Amp
I'm pretty sure that was his point.

Yeah, I know. I just wanted to prove my college-ness....

I wonder if I have to do a thesis.....

Quote by greety
Ohh no. These guys can do anything, man. He's a genius as well, remember?

Ah yes, the lazy verbose genius. I better call the head dean, he might actually beat the world record set back in 1958, by the late great One-eyed Hobo Johnson.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Last edited by Metal-X at Oct 4, 2007,
I've written perfectly good essays the night before in an hour and got good marks before. But that was secondary school where the work isn't really all that hard. I could write 3.5K words in two hours, doesn't mean they'll be good though. I'd much rather say I spent a week on something with fewer words that actually has quality.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Sigh, I guess my point is sailing over your heads.

Noones impressed by getting an A in High School the night beforehand. It's not exactly like it's hard. Get over yourself.
It hits you once you get to college and you have to do your first big paper.

You can't truly understand it, until you've been up till 6 in the morning trying to finish your paper for your class at 8.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

I did stuff like that all the time when I was in high school. It makes you realize how stupid dropouts are when you can do as little work as I did and still graduate with a decent mark.
Quote by i have to pee
I just wrote a 3500 word research paper, that is due tomorrow btw, in under two hours. Start to finish in under two hours, having no prior work done on it except reading my sources.

Does anyone else do their best work right at the deadline? I know if I plan ahead and work on a paper for two weeks, doing a little every day, my paper ends up being garbage. If I wait until the last minute, I get an A. I wrote my last paper the class before last time and got a near perfect score.

1 - Start 2 weeks ahead of time.

2 - Treat it like it's due the next day.

3 - Write it in 2 hours, then off to bed.

4 - READ it the next day, tweak as necessary.

5 - ?????????

6 - PROFIT!!!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by greety
I bet you're all just doing damn high school essays that are a joke.
FYI, I've attended several colleges, and my high school's AP classes have had far higher expectations (and were far harder) than any of the college classes. And no, these college classes were not ESL and Arts & Crafts. My high school just happens to be one of the better ones in the nation.

[And no, I'm not bragging; I just felt the need to justify myself, lest you think my high school was like the typical American high school.]
Quote by Metal-X

You can't truly understand it, until you've been up till 6 in the morning trying to finish your paper for your class at 8.

I couldn't agree with you more
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
1 - Start 2 weeks ahead of time.

2 - Treat it like it's due the next day.

3 - Write it in 2 hours, then off to bed.

4 - READ it the next day, tweak as necessary.

5 - ?????????

6 - PROFIT!!!

Emulating deadlines doesn't work; I've tried it.

Quote by Metal-X

My paper probably wasn't as long as yours, but I did a thirteen-page report in an all-nighter in eighth grade. =/

Started 5pm in the afternoon and finished at about 6am the next morning. Holding it in my hands was like holding my baby...
Page 1 of 3