So, my girlfriend wanted me to play her a song that she could fall asleep to. She always wanted me to play her to sleep. Well luck has it that I lost my guitar pick. I despise guitar picks for the very reason of how easily lost they are. If it's not in your hand it's gone. I usually carry a guitar pick on me 24/7 because of this.

So I had to improvise. For the record, I tried playing without a pick, just using my hand. It works, but the sound is too soft. I tried a coin, a more popular approach, but it sounded to scratchy.

So I tore an index card in half and crafted it into a pick.

What have you done in these types of situations? Or what would you have done in my situation?
Nice banana, Andy Warhol.
i usually take the tab off my beer and play with that. only when im drunk though, cuz holding the little booger its annoying as hell and i hurt my fingers on the strings cuz the damn things are too short.
SOLID SNAKE: "I ate one and it recharged my battery."
if you can find a comfortable way for you to hold it, a credit card is somewhere between a medium and heavy pick.
Quote by acidhammerdrums
if you can find a comfortable way for you to hold it, a credit card is somewhere between a medium and heavy pick.

yeah if its comfortable it works
god I hate playing with coins.

But I actually cut up my school I.D. once when I ran out of picks
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
I just do finger picking...not hard to learn how.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
I've just quite a few different things-

A piece of cardboard
My university ID card.
A coin (British 10p coins are the best)
Part of an old CD
A piece of wood from the uni workshop
A pen lid
A drumstick
Quote by fake_fender
have you tried using ur teeth? it hurts. a lot.

especially when a string breaks...

some keys have a particular side that can work, but not all of them.... i always keep a pick in that small-ass pocket on my jeans that really seems to serve no purpose... so thats my pick pocket (bad play on words, i know). otherwise, just search the environment for something that can work as a pick, and when no one is looking, break it off or swipe it.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
A drumstick

like a piece of chicken, or an actual drum stick? both would be relatively difficult to play with, lol....
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I've just quite a few different things-

A piece of cardboard
My university ID card.
A coin (British 10p coins are the best)
Part of an old CD
A piece of wood from the uni workshop
A pen lid
A drumstick

how in the hell...
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
Surprisingly. This is not the first Time I've heard of someone using a drumstick as a pick.
Nice banana, Andy Warhol.
Try playing drums with a guitar pick. Not so easy.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
Try playing drums with a guitar pick. Not so easy.

hahaha well ive used a nickel before to, i only have one pick, had it ever since i started playin, so if i lose it im screwed to hell
Quote by t3xas_dood88
hahaha well ive used a nickel before to, i only have one pick, had it ever since i started playin, so if i lose it im screwed to hell

<.<

>.>

One pick? How do you live? Especially when they cost so nothing!

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by crystalh
how in the hell...

You use the drumstick either as a wedge to pluck the string or you hit the string with the drumstick. One of my favourite tricks is to get the drummer to hit my bass with his sticks. Just don't do this with a drummer when they're drunk...or you'll end up with sore hands.
You know those grocery store discount cards that fit on your keyring? I found that they work pretty good. I've used one of them several times.
fingers are awesome sounding imho. if your looking to put her to sleep, then it would work even better than a pick tbh.
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
dude just use your wang.
i say Of
you say A
i say Revolution
and you say jah

In loving memory of that damn game of poker

Private first class of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
I know someone who found their first pick, and drew around it on the lid off a butter tub, cut it out, and used that.

He always made sure he had more than one, so if he lost one he could make more.
Quote by filthandfury
I know someone who found their first pick, and drew around it on the lid off a butter tub, cut it out, and used that.

He always made sure he had more than one, so if he lost one he could make more.

is that a joke....? picks cost what like 2$ for 15 of them?
|
I learned how to fingerpick thanks.

and, am I the first one to notice that TS girlfriend falls asleep when he plays guitar?
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
So,you complain that playing with your fingers gives too soft a sound,when you're trying to play her to sleep...

Does that sound retarded to anyone else?
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Anyway,I always carry a couple in my Wallet.My Picks and Condoms have to have something in common,you know?
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Td_Nights
So,you complain that playing with your fingers gives too soft a sound,when you're trying to play her to sleep...

Does that sound retarded to anyone else?

Yes.
There is poetry in despair.
i found a chunk of skateboard in my yard, rubbed it on the concrete until it was triangularish, and...voila.
One time when I was first learning how to play I felt the need to play at about 2 in the morning and couldn't find my pick, so I just went into the garage and cut some sheet metal into a triangle and had a pick until it snapped one of my strings.

Since then I always try to keep a ****load of picks and strings in my room.
"Sticking Feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"--Tyler Durden

Cufk, TisH, Sips