Should I trade my BRAND NEW Line 6 Spider III 15w for a Roland Cube 20x? I want something that will give me a Zakk Wylde tone and the cube is in my budget...Now dont get me wrong I really do like my Line 6 it is a great amp for the 98 bones I got it for on Ebay but there is just something missing and still cant put my finger on it yet BUT have a feeling the Roland will help me find it. Plus I LOVE the idea of the Roland's Power Squeezer" that perfect for my apartment....SO will a Roland Cube 20x give me that "BALLS TO THE WALLS" sound of BLS that I need?
My Gear:

Epiphone
Zakk Wylde Custom Bullseye
Silvertone Sunburst Strat Copy
S101 Standard Black Strat Copy
Boss Distortion DS-1 F/S!!!
Arion Metal Master
Line 6 Spider III
15w P.O.S

Soon: Roland Cube 20x
That "something missing that I can't put my finger on" is called tone, and the Spider doesn't have it. You may like it now, but once your ear starts developing and you hear more amps you'll hate it. I know from experience, because I used to own one.

Anyway if you can swing it, get the 30x. Not just louder, but it has more and better amp models than the 20x.
LOL thats funny...I do like it and got a good deal on it but yeah time for a Cube....seem like they are the best deal out there...you think it will sound closer to Zakk?
My Gear:

Epiphone
Arion Metal Master
Line 6 Spider III
15w P.O.S

tru BUT if it dosent even sound close to Zakk then I DONT NEED IT....cuz that all the kinda stuff I play.....
My Gear:

Epiphone
Arion Metal Master
Line 6 Spider III
15w P.O.S

Quote by Bull_Chit
Should I trade my BRAND NEW Line 6 Spider III 15w for a Roland Cube 20x? I want something that will give me a Zakk Wylde tone and the cube is in my budget...Now dont get me wrong I really do like my Line 6 it is a great amp for the 98 bones I got it for on Ebay but there is just something missing and still cant put my finger on it yet BUT have a feeling the Roland will help me find it. Plus I LOVE the idea of the Roland's Power Squeezer" that perfect for my apartment....SO will a Roland Cube 20x give me that "BALLS TO THE WALLS" sound of BLS that I need?

Simple Answer... Yes.

Long Answer... Yes, the Cube is a better amp.
so...with the setting "power squeezer" i can in effect have the amp sound like im listening to a CD a "normal" levals BUT still have it sound awsome right? thats one of my biggest problems to get the BIG sound you need to shack the floor! and me and my wife have upstairs apartment....is that how it really works then?
My Gear:

Epiphone
Arion Metal Master
Line 6 Spider III
15w P.O.S

Don't get the Cube 20x (or the 15x).

Either get the MicroCube or the 30x.

The Cube series is known for it's amp modeling, and neither the 20x nor the 15x have amp modeling.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
^ That's news to me. I thought they all had it. In that case, bad deal.