just bought a guyatone flange pedal, along with a boss ds1 and ibanez ts-7, fender jap strat , vox tonelab. the pedal's kind of noisy, even with the neck pickup where it's quieter than the bridge pickup. is there a kind of mod i can do to the flange pedal to make it more quiet?
make sure it's put after od/dist. pedals in your chain, or in the effects loop of your amp if you mainly use the amps distortion
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
maybe there's something wrong with the input/output jacks. What flanger do you have?
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
disregard the lsat part of the question, i see that its a guyatone, and i know those are not garbage pedals. Open it up and check all of the connections
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
actually you know what, i'm just gonna count on the rest of the band to drown out the noise. now that aside, any suggestions for settings? i'm looking for a nice flange to go with a clean sound. actually any suggestions will do as well, i'm open to trying out new sounds
i've never played with the guyatone, but i would put the two knobs at 12 o'clock and move bak and forth from there with both knobs until you get the right sound. Flangers are wierd when it comes to the knobs, if one knob is at a certain position another has to be somewhere to get the effect
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
yeah my current setting is speed 9 o clock and depth 11 o clock. looking for different sounds though.