say i was throwin in soe fast palm mute triplets. would i start everyone on a downstroke, OR

d u d -pause- u d u - pause- d u d?

whcih way?
When I do it I tend to go:

D-U-D pause D-U-D pause D-U-D

Gets the most consistant sound. Just to be noted, I don't think this is actually a triplet.
ok, the problem i have with that is i usually hit the string when i come back up for the next downstroke, more practice i guess

good to know about the semiquaver thing now i wont sond like an idiot
Quote by mattvh93
if u pause its not triplets

Wanna bet?

| D pause D | D pause D |

Those are triplets.

On-topic, when alternate picking, most guitarists tend to count each pause as a note being picked and move onto the appropriate picking position when they pick the next "real" note.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Crimson_tornado
When I do it I tend to go:

D-U-D pause D-U-D pause D-U-D

Gets the most consistant sound. Just to be noted, I don't think this is actually a triplet.

Same here. It seems easier/better that way.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Like the guys said before D-U-D pause D-U-D pause D-U-D is easier.

When I pause I count it as one upstroke and continue the pattern
Quote by Rhitard
Like the guys said before D-U-D pause D-U-D pause D-U-D is easier.

When I pause I count it as one upstroke and continue the pattern

try to get what you play to become a habit i'm sure that D-U-D D-U-D may be easier tighter and more consistent but when you start to play fast you will find it will start to fall apart try to use hammerons and constient alternate picking so when it come to playing fast it won't fall apart during your croud inspiring solos

good luck with it