I need to buy a new guitar but I am not the best person to choose it...

What materials are the best?
Which do you think is the best guitar?(not very expensive... 700£ max.)

I really need help ...

regards.
why do you not go out and try some guitars within your budget and see for yourself which one's are the best?
More info needed.

Music styles played, do you want a tremolo?, body shapes you like perhaps?, current guitar and amp?
I dunno...Mexican Strat?
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
personally, body material doesn't matter, as long as it's not particle board i don't really care, if i play it, feels good, has nice tone, and decent sustain (i'm a floyd player) then i put it on my like list
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
like said, what type of music do you play?
what amp are you using?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yeah...

the problem is... Every guitar I test sounds the same as I don't understand anything...

I own a epiphone special II which I bought to start playing... now I really need a new one..

I usualy play some kind of things like lamb of god, bullet for my valentine, illswitch engage...

reg
what type of amp are you using?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

What style of music do you play?
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
then definitely get a new amp first, as long as your guitar plays then you're good, an amp is most of your tone
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by holeofsound
I use a crate 15 to play at home...

you need both a guitar and an amp.
the amp is what is going to give you those high gain tones ur looking for.

your budget doesnt seem too bad.

i suggest you look at roland cube amps.
and then maybe a nice intermediate guitar depending on how much is left over after.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Roland cube 30 + Washburn x50pro

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

*don't know how much 700£ is so i quess it is ~$700 USD. if it is more then yer real lucky, it took me almost 2 monthes of bussing table to get $350 USD for my first mexican tele.

alright, yeah, you'll need a new guitar. i had to look that thing up, never heard of one before. still i started on an ibanez RX-40, those powersound pickup were HORRIBLE!

i would recommend something with a couple humbuckers would be nice for ya. LTD guitars have alot of the EMG and dunlop pickups on them, i was always a pretty big fan of those for a moderate-priced heavy-sounding guitar. there is also low end PRS's, Gibsons, Shecters, and ibanez's out there. all those would be good for ya, these brands pretty much only make humbucker guitars and sound pretty aggressive. just find one in your price range and you should be pretty well off.

i would also recommend 2 more things: when you get your guitar leave enough money left for a descent distortion pedal(ds-1, tubescreamer, co rat pro, metal muff, blues driver, mxr...) it'll only cost another $100 USD or so, and with your budget you should be able to pick up a very solid guitar and a distortion pedal, this will improve your setup immensely.

the 2nd bit of advice is a new amp, and don't just get one that cost 200 dollars or 400 even, look for something that will get you around and you will use for years. I started on a music man hd212 is found for about $500 back in '97(good ol days). i got a 2x12 combo cuz i didn't have enough money for a head AND a cab and i could throw a cab under it later when i got my 4x12 and IT IS FREAKING LOUD MAN!!!! either way, you want you a good amp in the not so distant future or your going to get pissed cuz you don't sound like that guys tone at all. it's the amp.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
*don't know how much 700£ is so i quess it is ~$700 USD. QUOTE]

lol

$1000+ USD for sure.