http://football.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Column/0,,2183087,00.html

tottenham might be moving home grounds!!!

personally i think this is bull****.
i have so many memories of going to the lane as a kid, and its genuinely a good venue, with a fantastic atmosphere.

first the threat of relegation looms, now the threat of eviction.

anyone else care about this? or am i the only one here dumb enough to support spurs?
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
......fantastic atmosphere? white hart lane can be a library at times!
Tottenham aren't in as much of a crisis as made out to be, but unless they pick themselves out soon, it'll get worse
And seeing they have Liverpool up next isn't gonna help them
You must be really stupid to support one of the best sides in England

Anyway, Tottenham won't move in the near future, they're looking to do what Arsenal have done in the long term and move to a site that's near enough to still be Tottenham. That's if they can't get a tube station near the current ground and buy up some houses, which doesn't look too likely to be honest.

So yes, WHL won't be home forever, but it will for the foreseeable future.

White Hart Lane is one of the best grounds i've been too though, and the atmosphere is pretty good, i'll be honest.

Did disagree with one thing in that article though, ''Transport for London to improve transport links to the ground, which is among the most difficult to get to in professional football'' Most difficult to get to in professional football? I could name 30 clubs that are harder to get to off the top of my head. WHL is a piece of cake to get to.
Last edited by Alix_D at Oct 4, 2007,
The way I see it, if Liverpool can move (which they will be doing), so can any club.

A new stadium would 'do an Arsenal' for the club and increase revenue x-fold.

Spurs are a strange one at the moment. They claim to be in crisis, but it only appears that way because they've been talked-up so much in pre-season. They're a decent side at best, not world beaters. They shouldn't kid themselves on that they're something they're not.
Terms and Conditions apply.
No-one knows what Jol has been told, but i'd have expected a top 4 place from them this year, some bad luck with injuries but the main mistake was spending all that money on Bent when the defence needed strengthening.
Its a bit much to ask for a top 4 finish, especially against the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool who are far bigger clubs with bigger assets.
It is, top 5 is where they should finish though.

Looking at how things have panned out though, anything goes in the Premiership at the moment.
martin jol has wasted too much time, and too much of our money (bent anyone?)
they say that a team with at least 10 points by september has never been relegated, we have 8
we are in a crisis. not a major one, but what with the venue possibilities, the probability of berbatov leaving in january AND martin jol spending 35 mil of our money on not much at all, AND going from being top 5 to bottom 3 in the space of one season, id say it was definately a crisis

we've always looked mediocre compared to the teams above us in the league (at least we arent always propping up the tables, amirite?) but things really arent going our way this season.

im from east london, so all my mates support west ham. (my dad forced me into tottenham), so im used to taking a load of stick for being a yiddo, but if we get relegated i would get crucified.
not an option.

Jol is gone. there is NO WAY IN HELL that we will finish up top 4. id be happy with top 10 the way things are going.

Quote by Adarsh
......fantastic atmosphere? white hart lane can be a library at times!
And seeing they have Liverpool up next isn't gonna help them

and im sure you can hear a crowd in north london from dubai perfectly.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
It's still early doors yet. It'll settle down in a month or two, once injuries and suspensions kick in.

My top 6 would (at the start of the season) be:

1. Man Utd
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Spurs
6. Newcastle

Now, I reckon

1. Man utd.
2. Arsenal
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool.

Other than that, it's hard to predict.
I hate Tottenham, tbh (no offence, honest, just expressing my opinion), so many of your players are overrated by the BBC and Sky and whatnot. If a Tottenham player scores a decent goal, Mark Lawrenson has an orgasm over it while if Wigan were to score the same goal, they would move swiftly on.

Don't think you're gonna get relegated, though. As much as I dislike Jol (he's so dull!), he's a competent enough manager to steer clear of relegation, or his replacement will.

Anyway, thanks for paying £8m for Jenas. What a signing he turned out to be
If Man City had a bigger squad, I reckon they cold aim pretty high this season.
Quote by Don_Humpador
I hate Tottenham, tbh (no offence, honest, just expressing my opinion), so many of your players are overrated by the BBC and Sky and whatnot. If a Tottenham player scores a decent goal, Mark Lawrenson has an orgasm over it while if Wigan were to score the same goal, they would move swiftly on.

Don't think you're gonna get relegated, though. As much as I dislike Jol (he's so dull!), he's a competent enough manager to steer clear of relegation, or his replacement will.

Anyway, thanks for paying £8m for Jenas. What a signing he turned out to be

I wouldn't say Tottenham's players are over-rated, as a neutral. But i'm used to hearing about Northerners going on about stuff like that, it's a giant chip on the shoulder.

Let's be honest, they went on about that Landzaat goal for months
Quote by Alix_D
I wouldn't say Tottenham's players are over-rated, as a neutral. But i'm used to hearing about Northerners going on about stuff like that, it's a giant chip on the shoulder.

Let's be honest, they went on about that Landzaat goal for months

Ha, fair point actually! They did a bit.

But they do go wild over southern teams. I'm not imagining it.

Honest.
Quote by Don_Humpador
Ha, fair point actually! They did a bit.

But they do go wild over southern teams. I'm not imagining it.

Honest.

You are, next time you turn on MOTD, watch them having a big ol' wank over Man U, Man City & Liverpool.

And maybe Arsenal & Chelsea. Fact is, it's not regional bias, it's just who is doing well at the time, and at the moment, Arsenal aside, Northern teams are doing the best.

Btw, I remember when Wigan were rubbish, they were the first team I ever saw play
Quote by Alix_D
You are, next time you turn on MOTD, watch them having a big ol' wank over Man U, Man City & Liverpool.

And maybe Arsenal & Chelsea. Fact is, it's not regional bias, it's just who is doing well at the time, and at the moment, Arsenal aside, Northern teams are doing the best.

Yeah, I know all this really, but I need something to complain about!

Dida, anyone?
Quote by Don_Humpador
Yeah, I know all this really, but I need something to complain about!

Dida, anyone?

It's hard to tell, you get a lot of Northern football fans going on about Southern bias and crap like that

Dida though, what a muppet
Quote by cagnius
Don't get me started on him.

Everyone Loves Dida! It's on C4 right now.

I hate that git so much. Celtic won the game fair and square ; now Lennart Johansson(sp?) and Sepp Blatter and all the other neutral country representitives will probably favour Milan.

Football can be a weird game sometimes..
I said it elsewhere, Celtic (and Rangers) have made a rod for their own back with UEFA, with their 'racist' (I wouldn't say that, just proud tbh) chants.

UEFA want any excuse to punish them and a weegie muppet giving Dida a slap would be good reason to them.

Blatter is a **** though.