When my rhythm guitarist told me he was going to get a new electric guitar, thoughts formulated in my mind.
Would he get something better than mine?
Maybe he'll get a Gibson, or an Ibanez...?
What's the name of the House-esque doctor on 'Scrubs'?
Will he get a Fender?

At this point I will remind you we play fairly heavy alternate metal.

Anyways, his guitar arrives and he has gotten a telecaster. Off Ebay. That pretty much fell apart in an instant. And was so no-name, it literally had no brand name anywhere.

Distorted twanging does not a good, albeit heavy song make.

Anybody else have any stories of engrossing stupidity?
Just tell him to use the neck pickup, it won't twang off as much. Also, you can adjust your mids and trebles to lower the pronunciation of the twang.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Tummaenkeli
When my rhythm guitarist told me he was going to get a new electric guitar, thoughts formulated in my mind.
Would he get something better than mine?
Maybe he'll get a Gibson, or an Ibanez...?
What's the name of the House-esque doctor on 'Scrubs'?
Will he get a Fender?

At this point I will remind you we play fairly heavy alternate metal.

Anyways, his guitar arrives and he has gotten a telecaster. Off Ebay. That pretty much fell apart in an instant. And was so no-name, it literally had no brand name anywhere.

Distorted twanging does not a good, albeit heavy song make.

Anybody else have any stories of engrossing stupidity?

I think you mean Dr Cox.
But a cheap ass tele you could at least break/burn at a show.
Telecasters are good value, cheap (as in <200$) yet better than a strat. If you wanted him to get a good guitar you should have helped him pay for it, he obviously isn't too rich.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
my mate bought a no name strat for £120.

turns out it was made by tokai and it played better than most MIM strats and a few MIA. with a pickup change it'll be an awesome guitar.

and it isnt a one off either, the shop he got it from has about 20 more. And they're all as good as his one, the only thing that distinguished them was the colour and the fretboard wood.

just because you buy cheap and it doesnt have a name on the headstock, doesn't mean you're buying a POS.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
So...?

I've got a no-name Les Paul that I've used on n off for about 2 years, and it's awesome (Still use my Epiphone and Custom for gigging though)

Also, mega distortion can solve most tone problems in a metal band =]

EDIT: Also, just because you can afford Brand name guitars, doesn't mean you should frown upon those that can't
i know a guy who bought a 15 year old car, 350,000km on the odometer and he bought it for 4000aus~thats a horrible horrible buy :\

lol that's all i got for bad buy stories...sorry it's not really relevant
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by MightyAl
I think you mean Dr Cox.
But a cheap ass tele you could at least break/burn at a show.

man's got a point. sticker and/or paint it up like crazy, play only the last song with it (make it an epic song too) and smash/burn the guitar at the end. will definitely go over well if you guys played good.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!