This is a pseudo classical piece I'm writing for my wife that I'd like some objective critique on. It's unfinished and I had everything turned down in the mix in order to make my new melody (and likely theme for continued writing) stand out. So you may have to turn it up a bit more than usual. It's the first song in my profile. Thanks for the feedback.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/denizenz/
Hey, sounds really good..

only thing I really noticed was at around 1,20 when the bells melody kicked in, IMO they were a little to loud compared to the other instruments.. that kinda ruined the peacefull flow course of the loud high pitched sound.

turn them down a little and its awesome.. keep working on it!

btw how did you make this. vst plugins?

(feel free to crit one of my songs.. newest is faded colors in my signature)
Quote by Williamn
Hey, sounds really good..

only thing I really noticed was at around 1,20 when the bells melody kicked in, IMO they were a little to loud compared to the other instruments.. that kinda ruined the peacefull flow course of the loud high pitched sound.

turn them down a little and its awesome.. keep working on it!

btw how did you make this. vst plugins?

(feel free to crit one of my songs.. newest is faded colors in my signature)

Thanks for the feedback. I'll crit one of yours when I go on lunch in a few hours.

I do all of the orchestration in Nuendo and Reason. I don't recall all of the plug-ins I use in Nuendo but I think the Reason sound banks and plug-ins are default. My friend is a sound engineer and hooked me up with all this stuff.

I'll fix the mixing when I get a chance Thanks again.
Very relaxing. The melodies are peaceful and serene. The song flows smoothly and is nicely constructed. The only thing I'll recommend is to just try out adding a fill or two with the bells instead of playing mostly all quarter notes. That may just be the inner guitarist in me, though. Not sure it would sound good....

Just so you know, it got a double listen.
Good job. Thanks for the crit, bud.
-Dan
Last edited by p4wnkkthx at Oct 5, 2007,
Very nice piece :] I really like the end of it. Sad to say that's not a guitar part but i thought it was great, that melody and progression. I have a thing for glockenspiels too, so you got me there =p
Thanks for your crit on my piece.
Original Songs by IggyG:
Hit My Name!