i have an epiphone g-400 and the pickups are crap. espescially the bridge pickup. im new to this so...any suggestions?
Quote by Invader Jim

I am so glad this is a multiple choice poll because I want to personally kill all of them. You get a GOLD STAR!

^ i have a gold star from a homicidal maniac!
Quote by blue_strat
What country are you in? If you're in the UK, I'd suggest Swinesheads.

Amen!
i also have the same, question, got the same guitar, a vox valvetronix, live in canada, and play classic rock, is it worth even getting new pickups with my setup or should i just save up for a new amp or guitar, i need some help here, i dont know what to get next, pickups, guitar, amp?
Quote by forsaknazrael
Also, what kind of amp do ya have?

+1 There's not much sense in upgrading pickups if you have a shoddy amp.

Quote by Greg_23
i also have the same, question, got the same guitar, a vox valvetronix, live in canada, and play classic rock, is it worth even getting new pickups with my setup or should i just save up for a new amp or guitar, i need some help here, i dont know what to get next, pickups, guitar, amp?

What is your current rig?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Also, how much you have to spend is a not irrelevant consideration.
Hi, I'm Peter
i have a big muff pedal, and a boss d1, spending wise, probaly close to 200, but i might have some nice trade in vaule for my amp, maybe a 100, iam just not sure what do next you know.
As soon as more information is available, i'll be glad to my 2 cents... (i.e., what amp? how much are you willing to spend? where do you live?)
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by Greg_23
i have a big muff pedal, and a boss d1, spending wise, probaly close to 200, but i might have some nice trade in vaule for my amp, maybe a 100, iam just not sure what do next you know.

Oh crap. The signs are there.

He has an MG or a Spider.

Run for the hills.
hahahaah no i dont buddy, i got a vox valvetronix, the guy was trying to push the spider one me, but i didnt bite. and the boss was free from a friend, the big muff was my first real pedal
Vox Valvetronix amps aren't all that great. I think decent amp first, then decent guitar, then pickup upgrade. That's my usually thought on the whole evolution of things.
Hi, I'm Peter
alright great, thats all i needed to know, well.. any suggestion for a new amp, i also want to increase the watts to maybe to a 50 watt amp
Well, I'd go for a nice tube combo. A Crate Palomino would be awesome for you. The Peavey Windsor Studio should be out soon, I'd like to hear how that sounds..
Or, if you can find it, look for a used Traynor YCV40 or YCV50 Blue.
I got my YCV40 for 425 bucks, USD. They run for like 700-ish, now.

There's a YCV40WR for 350 on craigslist right now...
thats alot, ive been hearing alot about the crate palomino, ill def check em out, i dont really have a buget, iam saving for somthing right now, just wouldnt want to go well over 400, but i will trade my amp in, how much do you think icould get for my amp, i got it new, at the star of summer, it s a vox valvetronix which i thought was a pretty good amp, but i guess not compared to tube amps.
^You've hit the nail on the head. It's a good amp, especially for a first amp, but it still doesnt compare to all tube. And what types of music do you play, exactly?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...