i was woundering if anybody knew if different guitars sounded different when you are still using the same effect
Single Coil to a Humbucker has a huge difference.
Say a PRS & a LP, there wouldn't really be much difference, but a PRS/LP and a Strat is a huge change.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
yes but im saying if i use like a sg with distortion on and then switch to another guitar like an explorer will it sound the same with the same effect on
im still a little confused on what you are asking but every different guitar, even the same brand, same type, made one after the other will have a different personality. sometimes these differences are extremely subtle yet sometimes these can be drastic. in your case i believe the change will be subtle
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Quote by thejester
im still a little confused on what you are asking but every different guitar, even the same brand, same type, made one after the other will have a different personality. sometimes these differences are extremely subtle yet sometimes these can be drastic. in your case i believe the change will be subtle

+1
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
no,it wont.Because its most likely made from different wood and has different pickups..
So it wont sound the same..
im not quite sure what you mean
Quote by closertofreewil
I officially hate you SBLAKELELY.

PSN ID: blakerz92
add me
All guitars have a different tone, but the effect will change the tone of each guitar in the same way.

Does that answer your question?
Different guitars should sound different with a quality effects pedal. A good pedal will be transparent enough to let the tonality of the guitar shine through. If all your guitars sound alike either the guitars are crap or the pedal is crap (or both.) This also applies to amplifiers.
...or your ears aren't trained enough to tell the difference, which may just be the case in this situation
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by SonnyLastz
i was woundering if anybody knew if different guitars sounded different when you are still using the same effect

Could you be more specific?

what guitars?

what effect?
woww it wanst that hard to understand what he meant..

HE ASKS THAT IF HE TAKE A EFFECT, lets say DS-1.

and use it on a Stratocaster , and then using it on a Les Paul- SAME AMP/Settings.

will it sound the same? will it be the same Distortion effect?
or the guitar shape it...

that what he asks, done.
Changing up guitars while using the same effect sounds as different as if you were playing clean and switching guitars. The guitar construction and p-up config has lots to do with the overall sound and tone of each instrument. Could explain my sig.

Cheers
82 Ibanez artist ar105
94 Fender MIJ 72 tele custom reissue
04 prs se soapbar singlecut
97 Simon & Patrick pro flame maple
05 Art & Lutherie cedar 12
Custom Strat

68 Fender Super Reverb
78 Traynor TS200
80's Roland Cube20
I am also a firm believer that tone comes from the fingers and playing style. Once you get some time on the instrument and start to find that how hard you fret (it's very suttle) on the strings, where you fret, and how you use your pick, you will start to see some of the same.

Chris
Quote by RCShadow
I am also a firm believer that tone comes from the fingers and playing style. Once you get some time on the instrument and start to find that how hard you fret (it's very suttle) on the strings, where you fret, and how you use your pick, you will start to see some of the same.

Chris

This isn't some grand argument over being enlightened or blah blah, it's arguing the semantics of what "tone" is.
Quote by utsapp89