yes this kinda copys of of guitarnoize's (todays most under rated guitarists) thread but i thought this was a good idea. please least the electric guitar you think is most underrated today i think its the gibson explorer (not under rated to everybody but most people it is)
The telecaster on these forums - controversial of me i just dont understand why people only recomend strats...
Kramers and B.C.Rich. Very good value for money but dont have the best reputation anymore. Both shared similiar fates in the past.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Can't the Telecaster be used for pretty much anything? Strats have a very particular sound

No. Most tele's i hear are extremely twangy, most guitars have a unique sound, and are only good for certain types of music.
Jaguars

Ive gotten amazing Strat AND tele tones from it and i can get a pretty good Sg style tone form it has well and so few people seem to use them

and they look awesome too
Daisyrocks

Horrible ,pink, flowery, short scale things, but well made and cranked up they ROCK!

honest.
Quote by Gunpowder
Sekhmet: Known for ritually sacrificing the innards of small woodland creatures.

Also, being a girly-girl.

Quote by Creepingjesus73
As for you, Mistress of Mayhem; just remember who it is who can lick * *** + *****'* **** *****out of the ****** of the ***!

Jackson = They've kinda faded into oblivion, and their lack of endorsers and slipping USA quality isn't helping

Charvel = They're too exclusive anymore, and nothing special for the price Maybe the new MIJ will fix that in spades. Older ones still kick ass (Ask Shawn Lane)

Aria Pro II = Play one of these and then play that new Ibanez super strat. 80s Pro IIs totally kickass, but they're kinda unknown outside your 80s circles

Washburn = They build some slick guitars for the price, but you don't hear them talked about near as much as some others

Daisy Rock = I agree with whats been said. Ugly (to a male I guess) but they play really nice and are built well

Zemaitis = Who else can make a $20k + and not get lynched?
Quote by CJRocker
Ask Shawn Lane
Fine, let's do it. I'll bring the ouija board, you bring the candles, and we'll split the booze expenses evenly.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
Fine, let's do it. I'll bring the ouija board, you bring the candles, and we'll split the booze expenses evenly.

you know what I meant
My first guitar was a squire tele.
It was a really solid guitar, especially for a 9 year old
To be honest I'm still impressed by its tone now
Brilliant for the right genres of music as people have said
Do fender still make the HH telecaster with humbuckers?
Schecter C1-1 Fr
Gibson made Les Paul body Epiphone Hardware

Randall RH150G3
Peavey Valve King Cab
1 Full Range Speaker For Direct out of POD

Pod X3
Korg Ax1000g
Boss Ds-1

Hamer
Reverend
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Eastwood.
that's all i have to say
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Eastwood Ultra GP
beat up 1960's Gibson LGO acoustic
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Jaguars

Ive gotten amazing Strat AND tele tones from it and i can get a pretty good Sg style tone form it has well and so few people seem to use them

+1 very much.

Also, your $600 dollar range Parkers are exceptional instruments.
Quote by CJRocker
Zemaitis = Who else can make a $20k + and not get lynched?

Holy shat i just googled those (thinking you were kidding) and friggin inhaled my cofee when i saw them

those are siccckkkk

Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
I second Telecasters. They can do any genre.

A near perfect design.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
the fender mustang is incredibly under-rated, The mustang can get a really amazing array of sounds on it and it's surprisingly versatile.
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
Quote by dennys 4 lif3
Eastwood.
that's all i have to say

+1

eastwood are very underrated, they have a lot of great guitars, especially the airline town and country

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Jaguars

Yeah, i find it really annoying that people think of jaguars as nothing more than "some old fashioned surf guitar". They are actually very versatile, have a very distinctive sound, its just that some people are scared by the switching system and all the issues with the bridge. The saddle jumping and buzzing issues with the bridge can probably be solved by simply using a higher gauge set of strings than you usually would. they shouldn't be too tight, as it's a short scale guitar.

this is mainly for the benefit of people who are scared of the jaguars switching:

The pickup switching is actually very simple too. the switch on the top horn is a "circuit selector", which in the up position is the rhythm circuit. this is basically, the neck pickup, with the volume and tone controlled by the 2 roller pots next to the circuit switch. in the downward position you have the lead circuit which uses the standard volume and tone, and the 3 switches. these are simply - bass cut on/off, bridge pickup on/off and neck pickup on/off. its a lot easier than it sounds.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
Yeah, i find it really annoying that people think of jaguars as nothing more than "some old fashioned surf guitar". They are actually very versatile, have a very distinctive sound, its just that some people are scared by the switching system and all the issues with the bridge. The saddle jumping and buzzing issues with the bridge can probably be solved by simply using a higher gauge set of strings than you usually would. they shouldn't be too tight, as it's a short scale guitar.

this is mainly for the benefit of people who are scared of the jaguars switching:

The pickup switching is actually very simple too. the switch on the top horn is a "circuit selector", which in the up position is the rhythm circuit. this is basically, the neck pickup, with the volume and tone controlled by the 2 roller pots next to the circuit switch. in the downward position you have the lead circuit which uses the standard volume and tone, and the 3 switches. these are simply - bass cut on/off, bridge pickup on/off and neck pickup on/off. its a lot easier than it sounds.

I never actually had any issues with the bridge on my jaguar, but thats probably becuase i changed to a hight string gauge the moment i bought it

sorted the bridge buzz right out
Quote by GLP_Arclite
I never actually had any issues with the bridge on my jaguar, but thats probably becuase i changed to a hight string gauge the moment i bought it

sorted the bridge buzz right out

yeah, i guess some people just don't use common sense. i find that any guitar buzzes if the strings are too loose. my friend's les paul sounds like a sitar because he uses .09s for drop B... he thinks i'm insane using .10s for standard tuning, but on a jaguar i'd probably use .12s (i'm hoping to get a jag sometime soon)
Rig Winter 2017:

Quote by Mark G
Brendan Small, the creator of Dethklok/Metallocalypse

He is not a guitar.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
He is not a guitar.

are you sure? he might be!!!1111
Rig Winter 2017:

cort - its a korean guitar company that i bet most of u havnt heard of lol. mine has EMG 81/85s, is i think set-thru, ebony fretboard, mahogany body, just for 600 dollars.
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Quote by musicfreak003
cort - its a korean guitar company that i bet most of u havnt heard of lol. mine has EMG 81/85s, is i think set-thru, ebony fretboard, mahogany body, just for 600 dollars.

i've heard of cort, i just don't see many of them around. never played one either, i've only seen their vaguely strat-like guitars.
Rig Winter 2017:

Quote by Blompcube
i've heard of cort, i just don't see many of them around. never played one either, i've only seen their vaguely strat-like guitars.

Corts can be hit or miss. There cheapos are generally crap, but in recent years they've started building nicer guitars that are quite good.
personally, i'm a fan of the GP, but i'm also biased there, seeing as i own one
i also have yet to play an airline made by Eastwood, so i can't really judge
i just say they make some all around great guitars for the money
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Eastwood Ultra GP
beat up 1960's Gibson LGO acoustic