I have a friend, his a bit immature, his a hardcore gamer...all he does is play all those mmorpgs and what not. I've stopped awhile ago and took up guitar...he goes hard at it and says "its his life". I try to convince him to stop but he refuses...

Anyway recently these holidays he went on a 5 day gaming binge, sleepless for 5 days playing games the entire time, by the end of it he said his head was throbbing and his eyes were stringing...i insisted for him to get some sleep.

I dont hear from him for 2 weeks, when i do apparently his been kicked out of his house because his parents accused him of doing drugs and alcohol due to his recent "abnormal behaviour", i know him and his not the type.

His staying with a friend, he goes onto msn and tells me he starts to have strange coinsidences

Such as..

- He predicts on his play list every time when stairway to heaven is going to play (yeah crazy i know)
- He tells me he sees the number 4 everywhere he looks, he cant avoid it.
- He said one night he felt something punch him in the foot from under the floor boards...his too paranoid to put his feet on the ground when he sits now.
- He hears the house move...creak or whatever, its no big deal, just wind, but he is making a big deal out of it.

He hasn't slept for several days now, he tells me on msn to keep talking to him about crap to get his mind off it all, his method is listening to Dragonforce full blast and yelling the lyrics to escape...

He swore to me last night that once he made it through another sleepless, fearful night he'd go to the pharmacy/doctor, see if he can get it fixed.

He seems very serious, i dont think his taking the piss out of me. Lets face it the guy is not very stable, his life is computer games and his first gf dumped him and he says he doesn't want another.

Someone who has experience, could he be coming psychotic in some way? (and if i hear a joke about him being psychotic relating to listening to Dragonforce, i'll stab you in the face you pit troller!! )
I'm laughing just picturing some kid blasting DragonForce and singing along as loud as possible at 3 in the morning and not having slept for a week straight.

And yes, it sounds like he's become very unstable. He needs help, fast.
It sounds like he's got sleep deprivation. He should stop gaming and go to the doctor and get some sleeping pills or he'll do himself some harm.
hmm yeah...

I'm telling you his on his way to self destruction, I cant seem to convince him to stop...his gaming is over the top...he doesn't take anything seriously but that. Life is a joke to him.
Last edited by Mattmakesmetal at Oct 4, 2007,
Hes just hallucinating from lack of sleep. That and just being really ****ed up and irritable. A good nights sleep and hell probably be fine.

He plays WoW doesnt he? Furfag...
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Oh, right, lack of sleep can cause hallucinations and isn't very good for the brain. I remember my philosophy teacher told me a story about it in highschool, he warned us to never try it. He hadn't slept for days and went for a bike ride. Started hallucinating and fell off the bike or something.
Tell him to play games more lol. oj he just needs sleep thats all
Manchester United
Call his parents and explain to them what's going on. Offer to book a doctor's oppointment for him and take him there if he is too unstable to take care of things himself.

edit: Yeah the hysteria is just from sleep deprivation but you don't really know how people are going to handle it. Last thing you want is to do nothing and have him end up off'ing himself.
2002 Muddy Waters Fender Telecaser (MIM) (w/ Bill Lawrence pickups & black matte pickguard)
2006 Ibanez sz520qm (w/ Grover tuners)
Epiphone DR-100

Traynor YCV50-Blue
Toneport GX / Ampltube 2
Ugh I hate MMORPGs with a passion. They really do mess people up, people have even died after ridiculous binges of like 3 days without sleep. Also they are boring as hell! Honestly it amazes me people can play them for more than an hour without falling asleep.

He will eventually have to stop playing them permanantly but first he really should see a doctor (I think they would know more than people in pit)
Tell the friend he's staying with to make sure he gets some sleep.

Oh, and for the love of Christ, IT'S "HE'S" AND NOT "HIS".
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by Death_switch
Ugh I hate MMORPGs with a passion. They really do mess people up, people have even died after ridiculous binges of like 3 days without sleep. Also they are boring as hell! Honestly it amazes me people can play them for more than an hour without falling asleep.

He will eventually have to stop playing them permanantly but first he really should see a doctor (I think they would know more than people in pit)

Im sorry, he wont stop...his life revolves around it.

His grown up with it, he is so deep in to it now i think it will be unbelievably difficult for him to just "quit"...its not as simple as that, this consumes most of his life. And the fact that his very immature and doesn't take advice from anybody will make it crazily impossible. He would run to the ends of the world just to be alone and play. These computer games are amazing, yet their a deadly epidemic...No doubt in the future they will be some sort of ban...or law on them, their as deadly as any drug.
Last edited by Mattmakesmetal at Oct 4, 2007,
Tell him to sell his accounts.

My boyfriend's an ex-wow nerd and has decided to sell his account, he's got like 5 or 6 level 70 characters and people are offering him crazy amounts like £150 per character. It's nuts, he could earn loads if he spends a lot of time on them...
Quote by Mattmakesmetal
Im sorry, he wont stop...his life revolves around it.

His grown up with it, he is so deep in to it now i think it will be unbelievably difficult for him to just "quit"...its not as simple as that, this consumes most of his life. And the fact that his very immature and doesn't take advice from anybody will make it crazily impossible.

Yeah I get that I know it is impossible to just take these games away from these people just like that but eventually he will have to be weaned off them because some people just don't know when to stop. It's like alcoholics, they can never have a 'casual drink' after they stop because they will just go back to drinking irresponsibly.

But yeah get him to a doctor ASAP.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Tell him to sell his accounts.

My boyfriend's an ex-wow nerd and has decided to sell his account, he's got like 5 or 6 level 70 characters and people are offering him crazy amounts like £150 per character. It's nuts, he could earn loads if he spends a lot of time on them...

To be quite honest, working a job that pays minimum wage is better than wasting time with that.

edit:
And I do realize that your boyfriend's plan wasn't initially to play the game just so he could make money. Just making a point that it would be healthier for this guy to stop with the MMO games, sell what he has now, and move on, rather than keep with it to increase the value of his accounts.
Last edited by Archaon at Oct 4, 2007,
He's definetely suffering from Insomnia and believe me by my personal experience it's not a good thing. If he doesn't sleep for few more days either he will have nervous break down or he'll go in to depression.Ask him to go to a doctor . I play lot of CS online and have seen few people like that . People like him become so introvert taht they don't go out and all. Don't force him to do anything and don't provoke him and ask him to go to a doctor.
Hi
I'd be a bit worried about the paranoid delusions- that's a characteristic of a psychotic episode. However, I know precious little about the effects of sleep deprivation. If I were you, I'd have a chat with him about his gaming and try to get him to take a break. If he doesn't show signs of improvement during that period get him to see a doctor. Anti-psychotic drugs really do help this sort of thing, but if left untreated the problems can and generally do worsen.
One of my mates last year wouldn't stop smoking weed and playing games for nearly half a year. We all got worried about him because he started acting like an arsehole and doing some weird **** so we had an intervention and got him to quit, and since then he's gotten a lot better. He started smoking again, but he's a lazy stoner who doesn't work so he can't afford to smoke as much as before. Gotta have another one to make him get off his arse and make something of himself tho.

Lol at 3a.m. Dragonforce
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

Quote by the dave
yeah man I put my hand up their skirt and pick em up like a six pack

Quote by Death_switch
mr bill0ws is right
I read this one story of this gamer who was completely obsessed with Everquest. He used to play it all day and night and took his character's life more seriously than his own. Eventually his character died somehow and he thought his life wasn't worth living anymore so he shot himself.
I know a guy who was so burned out on LSD and other drugs that he went certifiably insane. He bought a lottery ticked and stared at it for a few hours while laying on my friends couch. Finally, he kinda jumped up in a panic and yelled, "IF MY CALCULATIONS ARE CORRECT, I AM THE ANTI-CHRIST". He rambled on for a few more hours about how he was both Jesus and Satan at the same time. I took off and a few days later heard that he was in a mental institute.
Quote by denizenz
I know a guy who was so burned out on LSD and other drugs that he went certifiably insane. He bought a lottery ticked and stared at it for a few hours while laying on my friends couch. Finally, he kinda jumped up in a panic and yelled, "IF MY CALCULATIONS ARE CORRECT, I AM THE ANTI-CHRIST". He rambled on for a few more hours about how he was both Jesus and Satan at the same time. I took off and a few days later heard that he was in a mental institute.

Sorry, but I lol'd.

Now excuse me, I..

Wait a second...

LOTTERY TICKET!! (o_0)
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
.... He's... short for 'he is'... not 'his'

.... he's...

...he's....

Say it back to me.

....he's
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Quote by Mattmakesmetal
Anyway recently these holidays he went on a 5 day gaming binge, sleepless for 5 days playing games the entire time

sir, i admire your friend, i wish i had the dedication to do that with any game
Quote by Archaon
I'm laughing just picturing some kid blasting DragonForce and singing along as loud as possible at 3 in the morning and not having slept for a week straight.
And yes, it sounds like he's become very unstable. He needs help, fast.

lol thats funny, i can see him just curled up in a comp chair in fetal position "through fire and flames!" and i thought he had a roomy
Quote by Mattmakesmetal
hmm yeah...

I'm telling you his on his way to self destruction, I cant seem to convince him to stop...his gaming is over the top...he doesn't take anything seriously but that. Life is a joke to him.

but some games are more important lol
Quote by Hakanku
Get him pro....or at least semi-pro help.

thats right if your friend is like dieing, its really the time to be cheep and only get semi pro help
Quote by Death_switch

yea i agree, they are only fun if u get like a cpl buddies
Quote by master
I read this one story of this gamer who was completely obsessed with Everquest. He used to play it all day and night and took his character's life more seriously than his own. Eventually his character died somehow and he thought his life wasn't worth living anymore so he shot himself.

im sry but lol, i read bout this one guy who gave his act pasword in runescape to a friend he knew for long time and guy robbed him and erased his chars so kid hung himself. lol

but seriously after all the quotes he is suffering from hallucinations, try to convince him its just the house he's in, get him out of it, and to a doctor or to your place for a good nights sleep
Maybe if you beat the **** out of him he'll go unconscious and wake up refreshed the next day.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."