so i am saving up for a amp, i intend to spend around 400, dont mind going alittle over, and looking for a 50 watt tube amp, i dont even know if thats is possible, i have an epiphone G400, a vox 30 watt valvetronix, a boss d1 and a bigg muff pedal, i live in canada also, so if any has any suggestion on a amp, and i def looking for an amp that is at least 50 watts more so then i am looking for a tube amp, and i play classic rock mostly with a bit of metal here and there.
May I ask why you need 50 watts tube? it's really not necessary unless the amp you want only comes in 50w or you're playing gigs. I also suggest you save up a little more, $400 Canadian won't get you much tube-wise, especially if you want higher wattages.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
well i want a 5o watt, beacause i jam, and you cant always here it, is a 30 watt enough for gigging? or is my amp already decent enough and i should get somthing else, or would i be better off getting a good tube amp that is 30 watts
Peavey Valveking 50 watt 112 combo is $449 USD. That's the only thing in your price range with that much power new, and the footswitch is not included ($45 USD.) It would probably do your genres well, but it won't do modern metal well at high volumes. Some metal players say its ok with a pedal, but I don't play anything past Randy Rhoads era, which it does fine. Other than that you should look used, as there are more options in your price range.
Quote by Greg_23
well i want a 5o watt, beacause i jam, and you cant always here it, is a 30 watt enough for gigging? or is my amp already decent enough and i should get somthing else, or would i be better off getting a good tube amp that is 30 watts

30 watts tube is great for small gigs and jamming, especially if you can mic it into a PA. I just bought a 50 watt Mesa Rectoverb and it is way overkill for home practice, but it only comes in 50w so I didn't have a choice .

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
i use 100 watt tube... btw tube wattage is louder than solid state. soa 30 watt solid state is a nono for gigs but well neither is a tube . get a stack.
Quote by blarnbatt
i use 100 watt tube... btw tube wattage is louder than solid state. soa 30 watt solid state is a nono for gigs but well neither is a tube . get a stack.

100w tube? I bet you NEVER use that amp at full or even half power. Don't listen to him man, get a nice combo. Half-stacks are for guys with small and insignificant genitalia.

Quote by TMVolta19
na, stick with a combo, stacks are nice, but really, if your gig is large enough to where you need a stack, there is probably a PA system, so I'd go with a combo and mic it at large gigs
I'm hungry.
dont get a stack. you dont need it. the valveking is probly your best bet, but if you save up some more, you could get the marshall dsl 401. its 40 watts all tube, so, not too much but not too little either. plus its a pretty versatile amp. i have the valveking, which is also pretty versatile, but the marshall might be better. try em out.
btw the lc-30 2 by laney looks like a good amp.....
search em out on the net
Quote by omarrodrigez
100w tube? I bet you NEVER use that amp at full or even half power. Don't listen to him man, get a nice combo. Half-stacks are for guys with small and insignificant genitalia.

Maybe, but there's a lot of good amps out there you can't get as combos, like an ENGL Powerball...

Other than that, I agree, get a valve combo. Try a Peavey Delta Blues.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
Maybe, but there's a lot of good amps out there you can't get as combos, like an ENGL Powerball...

Other than that, I agree, get a valve combo. Try a Peavey Delta Blues.

I'd say get a 2x12 though for the amp you can only get as heads.

Quote by TMVolta19
Quote by Greg_23
so i am saving up for a amp, i intend to spend around 400, dont mind going alittle over, and looking for a 50 watt tube amp, i dont even know if thats is possible, i have an epiphone G400, a vox 30 watt valvetronix, a boss d1 and a bigg muff pedal, i live in canada also, so if any has any suggestion on a amp, and i def looking for an amp that is at least 50 watts more so then i am looking for a tube amp, and i play classic rock mostly with a bit of metal here and there.

Peavey Classic 30,a Crate Palomino V16 or V32 would be perfect for you
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS