Page 1 of 2
yup
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
gratz..
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix (R.I.P)

"Nobody dies a virgin... Life fucks us all."
- Kurt Donald Cobain (R.I.P)
Quote by deepestpurple
Was eruption any good?

pretty sick
it was obviously a longer live version but ya
but i actually have a question

behind him there were 8 full stacks of his white EVH 515III
but for each stack on top of the two 412 cabs he had 2 heads so it was really 16 412 cabs with 16 heads but they were all stacked. Why not just one head per stack?
why two?
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
Quote by libskate44
pretty sick

but for each stack on top of the two 412 cabs he had 2 heads so it was really 16 412 cabs with 16 heads but they were all stacked. Why not just one head per stack?
why two?

Because he's Eddie Van Halen and he can do whatever he damn well wants.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by libskate44
pretty sick

why two?

there are a few artists that do that... malmsteen is one of them... he has like 5 of those stack on each side of the drummer, but he for sure doesn't use all of them. like this:
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Most of them are just the hard-shell of the amp, with no electronics, you'll probably find only 2, maybe 3 are fully working.
all the heads had glowing tubes in them
Quote by beeboshain
Quote by libskate44
all the heads had glowing tubes in them

Glowsticks.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
is that sarcastic?
or was there really glowsticks?
Quote by beeboshain
these dudes are not gonna haul all that mess around and not plug it in. Are you crazy? Just go to a show. its very loud. They will use all they can.
Zakk Wylde had his stacked all over the place in a very small venue. Louded show I have ever been to. and trust me I have been to my share. 28 years worth. Van halen playing the big arena, they will need all that to make it sound loud and good but not distorted.
^ It doesn't matter what size a venue it is, smaller venue + lots and lots of amps just looks impressive

If you have like 8 stacks all fully pumping you would deafen yourself, your drummer, and the first few rows of the audience, it may be loud, but the whole venue sound isn't going to be generated by an amp for a pro set up, it'll be miced into a mixing desk and the PA etc
I saw VH at Greensboro, it wasn't that loud at all.

The loudest band I've heard has been AC/DC closely followed by Metallica.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by hardrocker64
Zakk Wylde had his stacked all over the place in a very small venue. Louded show I have ever been to. and trust me I have been to my share. 28 years worth. Van halen playing the big arena, they will need all that to make it sound loud and good but not distorted.

The cabs are micced and therefore they dont need loads of stacks. RHCP use 3 stacks, Muse use 2 100W Diezels so the number of stacks arent important. They are just for looks, having loads of cabs would make the sound so uncontrollable for the front of house so most of them are dummy cabs.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
Ever heard of empty cabs?

It looks impressive so yeah it's just empty shells. Why would you haul around heavy amps not to turn them on, when you can just log around the shell which doesn't weigh as much.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Brian May has 14 AC30s on stage with him, and he switches in between them
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Yngwie Malmsteen Has said that for some shows, he'll have 27 heads and like 30 4x12s onstage, but will usually have three tunred on.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Here is one for you young guys...

Take a look at the Guinness Book of World Records...picture it....The WHO, 1976...broke all records for sound decibels....they still hold the record. That's why the members of The Who are hard of hearing. Gotta love Pete Townsend.

Ahhh, those were the days...I was 13 at the time. I long for concerts like that again. You young guys have no idea...

Chris
In the early/mid 70s huge stacks were the only way to play stadiums... heh I remember seeing Robin Trower, believe it was the "city dreams" tour when Marshall had built him as what marshall billed "their biggest sound system ever"... 9 tons and took 7 cranes to install. I'd thought the "bridge of sighs" tour was loud but this... RCShadow, god yes, my cousin took me to see The Who during the Tommy tour in '69. I was a ripe old 13. It is one of the highlights of concert going life (and it was bloody loud). The Who live just rock.
Damn, my brother went to that show and said it was awesome. I was going to go, but we couldn't get the tickets. I'm probably going to see them in New York or something though.
Quote by RCShadow

Take a look at the Guinness Book of World Records...picture it....The WHO, 1976...broke all records for sound decibels....they still hold the record. That's why the members of The Who are hard of hearing. Gotta love Pete Townsend.

Ahhh, those were the days...I was 13 at the time. I long for concerts like that again. You young guys have no idea...

Chris

Actually, Manowar broke that record in 1994, at 129.5 decibels compared to The Who's 126. But The Who are the last record holder in the books, they removed the record. Mainly because they don't want to encourage hearing loss.
Quote by Zofar
Actually, Manowar broke that record in 1994, at 129.5 decibels compared to The Who's 126. But The Who are the last record holder in the books, they removed the record. Mainly because they don't want to encourage hearing loss.

Gallows have beaten it again btw.
Nice, I'm going to go see on Oct. 14th when they come to indy.
MY GEAR:
Custom Flying V
Dunlop 535q
Marshall AVT HS
Quote by hardrocker64
these dudes are not gonna haul all that mess around and not plug it in. Are you crazy? Just go to a show. its very loud. They will use all they can.

You think that you're actually hearing the amp at a big concert? They put a mic in front of the amp and run it through the gigantic PA system. That's the only way the sound would evenly carry through the entire venue. A ton of amps is pure showmanship. I could play at Madison Square Garden with my MicroCube if I wanted to, just put a mic in front of it.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by RCShadow

Chris

Awwww, I wanna see a concert like that so badly!
Quote by jonathan92
schecter damien 7 is one monster of a guitar.

[Proud owner of a Schecter Damien 7]
Dummy cabinet. There's nothing in them, maybe some sort of light to make them look like they're on (glowsticks). THey're there to make the guitarist look more omgwtf than they actually are.
Learn to concert.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
I would think the loudest ever would be Ritche blackmore, he had Jim Marshall make him a 350 watt amp once, I think Jim said it was the single loudest amp he'd ever made.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Page 1 of 2