i'm going to get a new guitar very soon i've posted a few other threads on which one to buy. now i've narrowed it down to these two

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Damien-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=513103

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG4EXQM1-Quilted-Maple-Top-Electric-Guitar?sku=519785

i mostly play metal (lamb of god, trivium, children of bodom etc.)
any other suggestions are welcome but i'd like it to be under 500 without tax and i want it to have a floyd rose
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
i would definitely go with the ibanez. i've had an rg series quite similar to that one and it sounded amazing with hard rock and metal.
Both of the trems on those guitars are less than desireable.

I'm gonna say get a Floyd Rose DSOT-2 and new pickups.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Both of the trems on those guitars are less than desireable.

I'm gonna say get a Floyd Rose DSOT-2 and new pickups.

it looks like hell
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
I'd recommend the Ibanez, although if you can, get the hardtail version.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
One of the Ibanez's in a hard tail would be a good guitar. I personally don't like active pickups. Almost without exception stay away from LFR. If you must have a Floyd for that price range the guitar FacingUsAll recommends is your only sensible choice.
Quote by uldhppi
One of the Ibanez's in a hard tail would be a good guitar. I personally don't like active pickups. Almost without exception stay away from LFR. If you must have a Floyd for that price range the guitar FacingUsAll recommends is your only sensible choice.

Yup, that or an Ibanez S with the ZR trem.
Well the internet demos on the ZR lead me to believe its a decent trem. If its made of good metal the engineering aspects are sound.
Quote by uldhppi
Well the internet demos on the ZR lead me to believe its a decent trem. If its made of good metal the engineering aspects are sound.

Well, the absence of knife edges means that it's not going to wear out as quickly as ordinary trems.
Don't know about the ZR trems--

Tried em once on a prestige and they quickly got out of tune after a few divebombs.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Well, the absence of knife edges means that it's not going to wear out as quickly as ordinary trems.
Actually, with proper care, it'll never wear out. You might however rip the bugger out or break off the arm socket if you get a bit too passionate.

Quote by Jinskee
Don't know about the ZR trems--

Tried em once on a prestige and they quickly got out of tune after a few divebombs.
Mishandled ZR, probably. If it's a floor model you've played, then any yokel can pick it up and mess up the tension balance. I can think of a few other reasons. They're very nice where tuning is concerned, but they need taking care of.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
^Ahh,

Well, that's a good thing to hear--I need to give those trems another shot at.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R