Is that truly important? I can play 16 notes per second playing the same note but with down I maybe get 4 and up I get about 5 ... If I really wank it (guitar) I mean...

Is this important to train them 1 at time? Does it help Alternate picking alot?
Go to my homesite if you want learn Sweep picking and Economy.

Here:

www.freewebs.com/ushimirs

I hope you like... but text is finnish.
i use that method if im practising my speed, but its impractical to use in a song
The ability to pick a single note at speed is pretty useless, there's no point having excessive picking speed if you're fretting speed isn't comparable.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
It's not about picking speed or fretting speed- it's the synchronization. You can sound alot more impressive playing 16ths at like 140 very cleanly in a run than just tremolo picking and trying to follow at far faster speeds.
so what is better for training your synchronization? seperate practice?
High Templar of the UG Secret Society
PM SickMetal or Sanitarium24 to join.
aNOMaly
Quote by `NeXxuS`
so what is better for training your synchronization? seperate practice?

do you actually know what synchronization means?

synchronisation

noun
1. the relation that exists when things occur at the same time; "the drug produces an increased synchrony of the brain waves" [syn: synchronism] [ant: asynchronism]
2. an adjustment that causes something to occur or recur in unison [syn: synchronization]
3. coordinating by causing to indicate the same time; "the synchronization of their watches was an important preliminary" [syn: synchronization]
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
So it helps my technique? Alot? Well im training on it... And actually My first message was a fake... Any1 can get more than 5 notes even with out really training0D

Thanks every1 I train on that.

Here:

I practice downstrokes separately, but that's just because I play rhythm and am a metalhead. You don't need to practice upstrokes alone.
Quote by nightwind
You must never double the leading tone ever. Failure to comply will result in a fugue related death.
Practicing downstrokes and upstrokes separetely will defenitely improve your alternate picking,even famous guitarists like hammet or Warren demartini do it. Take a simple pentatonic scalepattern and play each note 4 6 or 8 times. First using only downstrokes then only upstrokes,then the regular down up down up e. t. c. Your right han will feel more balanced and relaxed.Do this when warming up. In a real life music situation you would hardly play a bunch of upstrokes in a row but this will help your altarnate picking. My english sucks but I hope understand what I mean
Understood... Everything...

I heard this from Yngwie Malmsteen... And Yeah I should believe=D. Thanks

Here:

yeah i've been playing for 12 years, i used to think my right hand was good at upstrokes till i started doing this (playing everything upstroked) so much easier said than done. do it, it helps (i just recently started doing this)