So my buddies and I usually just have jam sessions with no vocals, well one of the guys wants to start singing and we got a mic.

whats the best way to use a mic w/o a pa system or whatever. Can we just run it through a guitar amp?
My Gear:

Fender 62 RI Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Fender Supersonic
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss OS-2 OD/DS
Martin 000-28
Washburn D10s
Ermm.....You can but i wouldn't reccomend it. You can by like a Keyboard amp and put it though that. PA will sound best though.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Not sure if there's any truth to this, but someone said running through a bass amp is better than a guitar amp, not sure if it's better than a keyboard amp or not though.
I would recommend a keyboard amp. I've done it and it sounds ok, might want a preamp of some kind though.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
PA is best, but not cheap and very awkward.

You can look into practice rooms with PA systems there, or using a guitar amp is a possibility, but it won't sound very nice.
PA best, Keyboard amp second best
If it has an XLR lead you'll need an adapter so it goes into the 1/4" stereo phone jack.

best way would be to run it with a small Beringer mixer though like the 502 which is about $30 new and useful for more inputs on a single amp. It has one preamp and XLR input.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-Eurorack-UB502-5Channel-Compact-Mixer?sku=631239