i want to get a set of Celestion Vintage 30's for my B-52 AT-212. but in not sure weither to get 8 ohms or 16ohms. the stock speakers are 16ohms but my amp has this little switch on the back that lets me choose between 4/8/16 ohms, its currentally set on 8. should i leave the switch alone and get 16 ohms to match the old speakers or should i get 8ohms and switch the switch to 4ohms? sorry if this is a dumb question but im new to speakers and ohms and ****.
i beleive you can run V30's at either 8 or 16 ohm, i run mine on 16 ohm, you don't have to get one set or another, they are both same speaker, you can run them at either
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
damn, nvm, you get one or the other, dumb. i would keep it 16 ohms, my personal preference
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
get the 16ohm and use the 8ohm setting on the head, unless you're planning on using them in another amp at some point. Using the higher impedance setting on your amp uses more turns on the transformer, which is supposed to get the most out of your OT sound quality wise. Plus, you would be able to pair another 8ohm cab with it if you have an external speaker jack, and bring the head down to 4ohm.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
right, but it has 2 parallel speaker output jacks on the back correct? How are the internal speakers connected, are they plugged into the back in one of the jacks, or are they internally wired?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
right, so that would mean you could add an external 8ohm cab, and use it with your internal speakers too. So that would be the (2x16ohm parallel=) 8ohm load from your internal speakers, with an 8ohm external cab plugged into the other jack. That would be 2x8ohm load = 4ohm load the head would see.
amp clips
amp vids