Hi,

My TS9 just arrived, and I see it says unplug the input to reduce battery drainage. I have a wah too, so is it ok to just disconnect the lead between the two pedals and leave it plugged into the amp? Or do I have to unplug every single lead?

Also, I know tilting the amp back gives a better sound, but is it ok to tilt a 40w amp? It's pretty huge. I had no problems doing it with my 15 Watt marshall but I'm not overly confident doing it to the DSL.

Thirdly, I get a ton of feedback from my strat when using the TS9. Would I be better off getting humbuckers fitted in? I know strats aren't built for high gain but I do like my pinch harmonics

Thanks guys.

PS I got my DSL 401 fixed and it sounds so much better. Woop!
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
For the first, you have to unplug every one for it to not use battery power
Cam Sampbell's my hero
^Not true at all. The battery is connected to the input jack only, so if there's nothing plugged in there, no battery is being used. Same goes for your wah, by the way- might want to unplug that too.
Ok cheers.

My ****ing amps gone again though. It gets really hot, infact I can smell it from 3 feet away.

Maybe I shouldn't tilt it?

The sound just dies after about 30 mins of playing. Grrr why can't it just work?
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

well roc answered your first question, so ill eave that,

with regards to your second question, its fine, nothing will g wrong with it at all. and to your third question, you may be better of with either a guitar desgined for metal/hard rock - with humbuckers yes, but designed for heavier music moreso, or buying a noise gate pedal such as the iSP Decimator. it would be of great importance to you i would think as you say you like your pinch harmonics suggesting you're a bit of a metalhead!

with your amp, take it to a tech or where you bought and get them to check it over, if you got it fixed there before take it back and tell them it still isn't working. they should fix it this time! either for free or a cut price, if they want customers to return that is.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Install a fan! DSLs overheat like nobody's business. I'd get your power tubes replaced too if the sound is cutting out like that.
Quote by hairball
well roc answered your first question, so ill eave that,

with regards to your second question, its fine, nothing will g wrong with it at all. and to your third question, you may be better of with either a guitar desgined for metal/hard rock - with humbuckers yes, but designed for heavier music moreso, or buying a noise gate pedal such as the iSP Decimator. it would be of great importance to you i would think as you say you like your pinch harmonics suggesting you're a bit of a metalhead!

with your amp, take it to a tech or where you bought and get them to check it over, if you got it fixed there before take it back and tell them it still isn't working. they should fix it this time! either for free or a cut price, if they want customers to return that is.

Well I use a Les paul for the harder stuff, but a noise reducing pedal does sound nice, as theres still a bit of hum coming from the LP.

I took it to the guitar shop and he replaced the tubes. The sound was good for 10 mins then it became crap. I took it back to the shop and it was ok again! Now it's back here and it was ok for 20 mins then crap again.

The tubes were replaced so they should be ok, maybe I need a fan?
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

sounds like the guy didn't bias them properly, if at all. take it back. get him to do it right, or take it to a tech.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Well this is a joke. I plug all my gear into my 15 watt marshall and it all sounds so much better. And I thought MG's were supposed to be rubbish?

Maybe the DSL just isn't for me.

Any taker...?!
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone