I just finished a new song this ones more of an actually composition than my other songs which where mainly improvised. I tried to make it as melodic as possible with alot of feeling as opposed to just shred. So check it out and let me know what you think. The songs called Ascension just click my username its in my profile. Crit4Crit
Last edited by Osiris77 at Oct 4, 2007,
Thanks for the crit!

Is the reverb I'm hearing on the lead guitar just from the room you're playing in?
I would use a bigger sounding reverb, if you're using plugins at all.

Oh, and the ending is a little abrubt, but that's quite alright.

nice job!
Agile AL-3100 (highly recommended)
SX SST57 strat copy
OE30 Hollowbody
SX fretless bass
Epiphone PR-200 acoustic
Yamaha G-40 classical
Epiphone Valve Junior head
1x12 custom cab
4x12 Behringer Half-stack

My Solo Stuff

My Band

Quote by weirdjohn87
Thanks for the crit!

Is the reverb I'm hearing on the lead guitar just from the room you're playing in?
I would use a bigger sounding reverb, if you're using plugins at all.

Oh, and the ending is a little abrubt, but that's quite alright.

nice job!

Thanks, yeah I'm playing in a pretty small room and the ending is pretty abrupt. When I was recording I thought the backtracking was going to go a little longer so I kinda just tried to fix it without going through it again,lol.
Ascension.....good one.....i think u coulda used a different revreb setting...but this one suits it well....its more ofa personla choice thing....but I enjoyed it...teh guitar tone was very good.....and teh piece itself was melodic as you said.....i could hear te emotion adn feelin put into it....i liked it.....relaly nciely done....Keep rockin....PEAC EOUT
Quote by waz416
Ascension.....good one.....i think u coulda used a different revreb setting...but this one suits it well....its more ofa personla choice thing....but I enjoyed it...teh guitar tone was very good.....and teh piece itself was melodic as you said.....i could hear te emotion adn feelin put into it....i liked it.....relaly nciely done....Keep rockin....PEAC EOUT

Alright thanks, I'll work on the reverb setting.
ok, i really like ascension. crit: starts out really good, but lead guitar is too loud, bury it in the mix somemore, it can still stand out but its too loud (at least first). otherwise, the build up is nice in your style of soloing and it has a good feel to it dude.

nice
\M/ b4br4d \M/

carlroad.com/maggotbomb.htm
Good song man. The guitar lines were very melodic which I liked quite a bit. As the others have mentioned the mix needs to be tweaked and I think the ending needs to be redone. Other than that that was some good playing man. Thanks for the crit.
Hi! Crit4crit?
Good job, i liked the melody of the lead guitar, only the tone could be a little bit better.. Slightly adjust your reverb and everything will be better
Other than that, just try to make the ending less abrupt, try either fading out or slowing down.. Everything else was great!

Crit my covers? Check out the links in my sig..
Cheers!
enjoyed listening, i like the way the backing track fits with the lead, its a mellow relaxing kind of style. one tihng is that you could of messed about with you lead tone just a bit more, Delays, Mod effects, just to make the song that bit more intresting.

the song does have feeling, like you've created a vocal lead on your guitar, which i liked.

Crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=686981
thanx for the crit, so it took me so long.

yeah I dont rly like the tone of the lead. The backing track is very cool though. It's a nice sounding solo thing over top but i think it drags on for a bit too long withou any changing.
Thanks for all the crit guys I really appreciate it, I'll work on my tone for the next one....