the pickup selector on my guitar has 5 positions, but the two most outer settings do not work. This is really bugging me. What do I need to do to fix this.

The positions that are not working are position 1 - at the neck and position 5 - at the bridge. thanks in advance.
Sounds like either a dirty selector switch or dodgy wiring.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
What kind of guitar and how old please ?
More than likely it is the switch itself...
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Quote by GOLDIE93
What kind of guitar and how old please ?
More than likely it is the switch itself...

Jackson JDR 94 Dinky reverse.
Take off the cavity cover on the back and make sure all the wires going to the switch are soldered tight. look right where the wire is attatched and lightly tug on the wires if you see movement at the connection that is probably where the issue is.If they are tight then it could be the moving parts of the switch itself that are not working right.If the guitar is older it could just require some cleaning but a switch replacement is not all that difficult to do if you have a soldering iron.Just do one wire at a time to make sure you put them in the right spot.If the problem still persists I would take it to a tech and give the whole guitar a once over.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Squirt some contact cleaner in there, then flip the switch both ways about a dozen times, that's always the first thing to try. When a pickup won't work, the possible causes are limited.

Dirty switch
Wire loose
Bad switch
Bad pickup

That's the order I would check them in too.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
thanks guys. I will try all these things later.
As an aside, the JDR 94 is some guitar. I tried out Jackson the other week that are twice the value of what I paid for this one 14 years ago and none come close.