Im just trying out my boss today and its not making any difference, i could have hooked it up wrong but i dont think so
I dont have a confusing chain its just <amp-NS2- DigitechMM- viper 400>
but when i turn it up loud it squeals terrible, iv got both the nobs turned to min. But when i turn the MM off its perfect, what could be the problem? do i need to mess with the MM or change stuff around on the NS2
im running through a general half stack btw

If anyone could give me some suggestions id really appreciate it
the NS needs to be the last pedal in the chain, it should be the one that actually plugs into the Amp/effects loop.
Agile Septor Elite 7-String
ESP H-1007
ESP H-1001
Peavey 5150
Mesa Boogie Cab

Recording Gear -
PreSonus FireStudio Interface
CX5 Studio Monitors
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Try putting it at the other end of the chain?

I really don't know, but if I had to guess...

then it wouldnt be suppressing the MM at all
Quote by BackSeatSuicide
the NS needs to be the last pedal in the chain, it should be the one that actually plugs into the Amp/effects loop.

thats how i have it and it thats when the MM squeals bad
could it be the setting on NS2?
What amp do you have?

Are you talking about the Digitech Metal Master? Of course it's going to be quieter when it's off.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I just stopped using my NS-2. I had a lot of hum because of the crappy electricity net in America, but now I moved back to the Netherlands my setup is actually quieter without the NS-2.

Put the NS-2 last in your chain, set the first knob to 25%, second to 0% and put it on reduction. If it still squeals, you got a broken unit probably.
WTLTL 2011