I'm looking for a reverb pedal because my Carvin V3 doesnt have onboard reverb and I'm missing it. I was thinking the Holy Grail, but are there any better solutions to toss in my loop?
Thanks
verbzilla. at of people have problems with the holy grail being noisy as hell. or you could go with one of the OLD boss reverbs as they sound superb.
The Holy Grail is the absolute best sounding reverb pedal I have ever heard. Almost indistinguishable from spring reverb, and the hall reverb is tasty. The Flurb setting is very interesting and "psychedelic." You probably will not get better unless you get into rack gear or a very expensive spring reverb box add-on from Fender. The purchase price includes the power supply.
Thats two completely different point of views.
Wow.
I always thought the HG was a great pedal from what peeps were saying about it.
Anyone else have issues with the noise?
^+1 Holy Grails are really really great
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
I don't like 'em. They don't really sound fake or digital; but they don't sound good either.
I'm assuming you all have your Holy Grails hooked up to your EFX loop?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Thats where I'd run mine - in my loop. (as where all timebased effects should be run)
Mine isn't, not yet, not enough cables, but overdriven i usually just use my amps reverb. Or just the HG in line the my muff when I want something heavier and smother.
Exactly.

I would have purchased the Holy Grail by now (Well, I still have yet to try it out) if I had an FX Loop. I've been hearing complaints about how the pedal doesn't sound too great with distortion and it can get quite loud, as well.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by beckyjc
^Ignore this man
Nahh youre entitled to your opinion, but I personally cant think of anything better that ive tried.

'zactly
It would do fine in an effects loop, i think it sounds nice with distortion. It's just turning the distortion on after the grail distorts the grails reverb, probably true of all amps and reverb pedals. Sucks for you about lack of a loop, couldnt you get one built in or something?

If you crank the knob too 100% then yes youll get quite a stupid mess of sound. But that's just the pedal, I keep mine on 10 o clock and its more than enough on all settings.
Quote by Jinskee
Exactly.

I would have purchased the Holy Grail by now (Well, I still have yet to try it out) if I had an FX Loop. I've been hearing complaints about how the pedal doesn't sound too great with distortion and it can get quite loud, as well.

This is true to a certain degree, with other OD/Fuxx pedals the Holy Grail sounds fantastic, as it does on the clean channel. Admittely there is a noticable hiss when you use it with the Rocker's dirty channel, I still wouldn't say its 'loud' as such, but you do get better results when using it with pedals. Would sound class with your OCD I bet.
The obligatory gear list: Gibson SG standard,Maverick F-1,Epiphone Sheraton,'68 reissuse Jap Strat, Orange Rocker 30 and various pedals.
Electro Harmonix Users Guild #30