if i was to be blindfolded and randomly place my finger on a random string and fret, would you be able to tell me what note that is right away?
KOS-MOS : Killer Overpriced Super Machine Of Sexiness
uhuh. i'm just awesome like that.
notes on the fret-board, every guitarist should know them.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
Quote by burn the stars
yup, i have a fairly good ear

dude what?
you think you could tell any note from just hearing it?
good luck with that...
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Quote by LordPino
Quote by dark_gilbert
dude what?
good luck with that...

lots of people can. Its called ear training. People can sit and tell you the interval if you play two notes back to back.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by lepermessiah22
lots of people can. Its called ear training. People can sit and tell you the interval if you play two notes back to back.
Yeah, but TS didn't mention any intervals. Just one note in isolation. That'd take the elusive perfect pitch. =/

Anyways, TS, do you have some blindfold fetish or something?
yeah, but recognizing an interval is a lot easier that hearing a random note and knowing what note it is
im just saying it is possible to pick out a note

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
You don't need perfect pitch. He's the one that's blindfolded, for whatever reason
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by psychodelia
You don't need perfect pitch. He's the one that's blindfolded, for whatever reason
True.
Quote by dark_gilbert
dude what?
good luck with that...

Relative and perfect pitch allows you to do that. I can identify a C right off the bat, but not any other notes. I have to work on that.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
oh, he meant by hearing. i thought he meant by looking at what fret he's fretting, haha.
haha i could name intervals EASY...
but just a random note by ear? no...
and anyway this dude is talking about sight, not sound!
get back on topic!
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Quote by LordPino
i could definately tell by looking. and i could probably tell you what note you're hitting by listening.
Quote by yawn
Yeah, but TS didn't mention any intervals. Just one note in isolation. That'd take the elusive perfect pitch. =/

Anyways, TS, do you have some blindfold fetish or something?

I agree. You're talking about relative pitch, which is what I've developed. Perfect Pitch, not so much.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I knew a girl in high school who could turn around, facing away from the piano, and tell you any note you played, never missed. She got it naturally I think, and could identify specific chords to a degree. It was amazing. I saw her do it a couple of times, blew everyone's mind when she identified a chord the first time...named each note. And it was almost instant, nothing like a couple of seconds to figure it out, one second tops.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by psychodelia

Dude, I didnt even catch that. That made me lol, seriously. Probably woke my mom up LOL
I can identify a few notes with relative pitch. For some reason I've got a decent ear (maybe just gifted?), but I couldn't just name one right off the bat...
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
lol if you were blindfolded how would that stop us from looking
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
I wouldnt be able to tell you instantly what note it is, because I still havnt learnt the board thoroughly. However, if you said any number on any string I could get there pretty quickly whilst blindfolded.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.